Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you haven't already, post this incident to the eBay community forum. Those guys are the greatest and can give you the best advice for this situation.

I'd cancel all contact with this individual and keep any future threatening messages. Do not continue with the transaction! Take the NPB hit ...

SJ
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

Comment

Quoth Kali View Post
      Update:

Speaking with eBay right now about filing a complaint.
      I was just going to suggest that. Report him for treatening you with bodily harm and false contact info since the phone number doesn't work.

Also, file a police report if they ever contact you again.

Comment

Keep us updated... I was going to suggest as you have done - although I'd go with contacting the police for the threats anyways. They're probably already aware of such person, and would find it ... 'interesting'.

Slyt
        When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Kali View Post
          Also if any of you want me to name this freak so you dont buy anything off him, send me a message.

I know a few who if they got his phone number, would trace it to an address and surround him with more just 6 blokes.
          Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Going to have to agree with the having a chat with the police if this guy has your contact information. At the very least, they can give you some tips on the best way to handle this kind of thing.
            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

eBay Protip: If someone in a transaction pulls your Contact Information, you get theirs, too. Check your email.

If the information they gave on their contact information is invalid, you can report it to eBay, and the account will be suspended. If the account is suspended, the auction is considered to be void, and the buyer is no longer expected (by eBay) to pay.

Comment

Good Grief! I would of been terrified. The guy sounds like a serious nut job! (and a sexist pig to boot)

Let us know how this pans out! Reporting it to Ebay is a definite plan and I would say at least talk to the police about your options in case he keeps up the harassment!

*sends good vibes*

Comment

Another vote for calling your local (and his local, if they're different) police.

Completely irrelevant at this point, but if you were doing a pickup and only had to pay the actual final bid amount, did you go through Checkout, and if not, why didn't you?

But, yeah, if he's that bad over the phone before the transaction is even really started, then any Feedback he leaves will likely be colorful, too. You did check what kind of Feedback he leaves before you placed the bid, right?

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

seriosly just make a complaint to the police, because if he does something if you have it on record it makes you look better (he can claim alot of stuff if you dont) and if he trys anything legal it also helps you.

but good move on the complaint it is warrented

Comment

Working...
                    X