Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is my copy of battletoads worth something?

Comment

Nice one on burning the pranckers , be interesting if you really do ring his Mum ,
      Please excuse me , I need to wander round the corner to scream now, before my head explodes.

Comment

I want battletoads One of the hardest games ever? Battletoads and Double Dragon. So hard! =P
        Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Quoth Seraphim View Post
          And every day, someone posts a phone number and an address of a Gamestop, with the name of an associate to ask for... it's retarded. I feel really bad for the people who get caught in the stupid prank.

Maybe Gamestop should send out Rick Astley clips...
          How about Gamestop put in a report for harrassment. If they're allowing the posting of numbers and directions on how to harrass the employees, that is clearly an actionale offense, although action might be difficult to take.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            How about Gamestop put in a report for harrassment. If they're allowing the posting of numbers and directions on how to harrass the employees, that is clearly an actionale offense, although action might be difficult to take.

^-.-^
            Nearly impossible. /b/ doesn't care. /b/ is Anonymous. The best that Gamestop could do is report the people actually making the calls.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I know what the game is - I played it when I was little. But I just don't see how calling up and asking if a place has it, is funny at all. Most pranks, while stupid, I can see why the pranksters think it's funny. But this one...what sort of enjoyment do they get? Seriously?
              "Do you have battletoads?"
              "No."
              ....I see no satisfaction here.
              Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

As satisfying as pwning the /b/tard to his face may have been, I can see how it may have backfired. Namely, I saw a picture of what appeared to be pre-release promotional items for a Wii version of Battletoads. It was convincing enough that I thought the whole Battletoads meme might be due to BattleToads vaporware that was constantly being pushed back. Had I gone into a Gamestop asking for information about the game (since they would know, right?) and gotten that response I would have been quite unhappy.

Having said that, though, I'm pretty sure it was obvious that he was a /b/tard. Also, I would have just asked for any information, and not done so in a way as to suggest that I was playing a prank.

Comment

"Actually, we do have one copy of Battletoads in stock. Unfortunately, it's being reserved for mister Shoop D. Woop. Is that you?"

Comment

Quoth Nekojin View Post
                    "Actually, we do have one copy of Battletoads in stock. Unfortunately, it's being reserved for mister Shoop D. Woop. Is that you?"
                    epic win right there

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                      4channers - mostly /b/tards.

(yeah yeah - rule 1 and 2 broken.)
                      Rules one and two are only for raids.

although sounds like the prank callers didn't break them

You were probably targeted by one of the smaller chans.

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
                        SC: Do you guys have battletoads?
                        Me: No.
                        SC: Can you look?
                        ME: No, I can't look, and I'm not going to do a barrel roll or shoop de whoop, I'm not charging my lasers, I don't like mudkip, and I'm not going to use the boost to chase. You do know that everytime you guys call up here we call the police and trace the phone calls, now how happy do you think your mom's going to be when she gets a phone call about someone from your number making harassing phone calls? It gets old fast, really.
                        SC:
                        Me: Yeah. You can leave now.

I win!
                        Just want to point out that Battletoads is a real game, albeit an old one, and is widely described as being very good, causing a lot of poeple to try to find a copy used. Just a quick search turned up some comments on one message board where one guy says he called a local gamestop where they had the gameboy version in stock, and he rushed over and bought it. The post right before that was a guy saying he'd asked for it at gamestop, and they threw him out of the store.

So, while it seems you get a lot of prank callers asking for Battletoads, unlike "Grand Theft Auto: Johnson City" it actually exists, and that kid may have genuinely wanted a copy.

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
                          SC: Can you look?
                          ME: No, I can't look, and I'm not going to do a barrel roll or shoop de whoop, I'm not charging my lasers, I don't like mudkip, and I'm not going to use the boost to chase.
                          LOL I would have loved to have seen the look on his face.
                          wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
                          ----
                          Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

Quoth SpyOne View Post
                            So, while it seems you get a lot of prank callers asking for Battletoads, unlike "Grand Theft Auto: Johnson City" it actually exists, and that kid may have genuinely wanted a copy.
                            The fact that it exists is part of the prank. And also, it's widely regarded as one of the TOUGHEST games ever. Want proof? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idZ9C0Qtj2A
                            Try and imagine doing that without memorizing it.
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

You missed a few micro internet phenomena related comebacks. A few more and it would have been an epic win.

I can haz cheezeburger (and you can't)
                              The Internet is Here (and its gonna get ya)
                              You could have taken his picture and turned it into a demotivational poster.
                              Made a Face Book group against SC Prank Callers.
                              Read his mySpace blog about how he loves Battle Toads and the guy at [generic game store] will not sell him a copy.
                              Told him to Ask a Ninja.
                              Told him that Ceiling cat was watching him (always)
                              Told him that a furry just bought the last copy.
                              Told him that you will not sell him the game because "This is Sparta!"
                              Called the Mall Ninja (look it up, you will not be let down)
                              Just told him that you were Anonymous, you were legion, and he looked like a Scientologist.
                              Told him to go download the torrent from a pirate site.
                              Told him to come back on Caturday.
                              or
                              Looked at him and said "FAIL!".

Well I bet I missed more than a few of these micro cultural references myself. Still congratulations on winning one for the workers.
                              "Wow, that has to be the best genital analogy EVER. "

Comment

Working...
                              X