Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I called for a resolution.........and to piss you off!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I called for a resolution.........and to piss you off!

It's a good thing I have better things to do with my life rather than be on the phone with my utility companies, unless it's absolutely necessary. This is a call I remember from about a year ago, when I was working in the internet department of another company:

Me: Thank you for calling XYZ, my name is greensinestro. How may I help you?

SC: My internet doesn't work. (Nothing else after a few seconds)

Me: OK, sir, I'll be happy to help you, but I will need more information other than that fact that it's not working.

SC: It just doesn't work and I need to get on-line.

(Now, to keep it short, it turned out he had the wrong password, but this was after prodding and badgering this guy to give me the info. After I resolved the 691 error issue he was receiving, it was

Me: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

SC: Yeah. How come whenever I call, you don't answer? It's always a recording, then music and two minutes later, then you answer.

Me: That's the normal wait time sir if we are not extremely busy.

SC: Well, if you're not extremely busy, why don't you simply pick up your little phone and answer?

Me: I couldn't tell you, sir. That's just how it's set up.

SC: I asked you why YOU don't pick up, not how it's set up.

Me: No idea, sir. The system is set up that way, and I would not have any control over it.

SC: But you answered after the recording and some music played. So, why can't you answer right away if you're not busy. (I was starting to get annoyed with this man)

Me: Sir, does this have anything to do with your internet, or are you simply looking to complain about anything? (Couldn't help it, and I know he had hooked me by this point anyhow)

SC: Yes, I'm a complainer. Thank you for getting my internet issue resolved. (And as he was hanging up.....) Ooooh, he didn't like that.

Well, at least I satisfied him in two ways. He could get on the internet, and he annoyed me enough to say something back to get him off my line. The notes also spoke on my behalf, being every rep he had spoken to had noted nearly the exact same occurance on previous calls. And, it was at least once or twice a week he would call in.

I just don't get some people and the time they have on their hands these days.

Did you also put a note there saying that he is only looking to bait people, and thus to go for it - preferably with gross amounts of sarchasm?
    When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Hmm, I wouldn've sounded confused and explained..."but I was busy". I mean, if there is a two-minute wait time, you weren't avoiding calls and it wasn't like you were napping either. I dislike the passive-agressive types. They act like they know better than everyone when really they sound like an ass. Somone having a temper tantrum sounds infantile. Someone passive-agressive just seems mean.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I don't like him, he's holding up the queue for everyone else. I don't like being put on hold either but that's how it is.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
          SC: Yes, I'm a complainer. Thank you for getting my internet issue resolved. (And as he was hanging up.....) Ooooh, he didn't like that.
          Is there a rule about falling out of your chair laughing? Because I just bruised my hip.
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

SC: Well, if you're not extremely busy, why don't you simply pick up your little phone and answer?
            "We're busing drawing lots to see who has to deal with you"
            There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Reminds me of every time there's some type of power outage or phone line eff-up or whatnot and the reports of pissed-off people fly fast and furious...I'm always tempted to write or phone in to the local news media a little appreciative note about how I understand how the workers are just trying to do their jobs and probably have to put up with all sorts of crap and here's at least one person who would like to thank them for all their efforts despite not enjoying whatever misery has befallen (as if anyone would, but nobody has to be assholish about it unless there's a legit reason, ya know?).

I think I shall put that on my list of Things To Do This Summer.
              ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

SC: Yeah. How come whenever I call, you don't answer? It's always a recording, then music and two minutes later, then you answer.

Me: That's the normal wait time sir if we are not extremely busy.
                There's your mistake. To his way of thinking, the recording and the music and the wait are all happening while you're twiddling your thumbs and having a cup of coffee.

Instead, try something like 'I pick up as soon as I can, sir. I'm usually on another call when someone calls in.' It's true, it's honest, and it doesn't give him an opportunity to interpret it as you hanging around being lazy.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

The correct answer would be "I'll get a supervisor to explain it to you hold please"

Comment

We had kind of the same situation at work on Sat. Apparently wherever our computer systems are, there was an accident that took out the power. So we couldn't look up any customer info (charges when they don't bring their store credit card), and for returns, we had to actually have the card they paid with, to swipe. Normally it goes back automatically, but not this time. We also couldn't open any charges or do any merchandise searches.

99.9% of the customers were ok with that; but there are always some that think we won't do these things JUST because we don't want to, and REFUSE them and no one else. Yeah, i'm doing this on purpose to you and you alone. Get a grip.

Comment

Just coz he hears hold music, doesn't mean your phone is ringing.
                      But then again, that wouldn't matter to him. You should KNOW he's on the line and should pick up the phone BEFORE it rings
                      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
                      X