This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calgon take me away.

I really don't deal with too many Sucky Customers any more - most of the time, I deal with Sucky Contractors and those times are very few and far between....I had a sucky person of the customer variety today...he wasn't too bad, but definitely breaking the cardinal rule of roadside assistance - we cannot do appointments.

Due to the nature of this business, we cannot do appointments. Period. We cannot guarantee the time a truck will arrive. We can give a ballpark time. That's it.

I had this guy argue with me that he knew he'd be back at his veh at 9am and that I should get someone who could be there around that time to meet him. I tried to explain to him that there is no way a station will take accept that. He would not accept this answer. He kept telling me over and over what he was doing and he knows how long that it takes to do it and that I should get someone there by that time.

I explained to him that due to the nature of this business...whatever will happen...i.e. traffic, weather - you name it - things can hold up both you and the driver - it cannot be set up by appointment or guaranteed time.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Finally, he hung up on me. Which was a good thing because sometimes, in the heat of the moment, I can't figure out how I'm going to make the wash cycle stop.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
    I really don't deal with too many Sucky Customers any more - most of the time, I deal with Sucky Contractors and those times are very few and far between....I had a sucky person of the customer variety today...he wasn't too bad, but definitely breaking the cardinal rule of roadside assistance - we cannot do appointments.
    The first thing that flashed thru my mind-

"Hi. I just got off the phone with my Psychic Buddy, and she said my car would break down at 10 am at exit 888 on I-70. Can you be there?"

Comment

Yes, we have those - actually. Like the time a lady was on her way to the repair shop and just wanted us to send a tow truck to follow her. She placed the call while she was driving. She expected us to figure out where she was by the direction she was headed. When she turned, she'd say "Okay, I just turned right onto main st" She was merely two miles from the shop and couldn't understand that she 1) had to be broken down to get service 2) by the time service reached her - she'd be at the shop

Then, there are those that think we have the capability to beam them a tow truck. Like, when they call - there is a driver standing by, we hit a key on our keyboard and the truck appears out of thin air for them.
      Last edited by friendofjimmyk; 04-22-2008, 02:48 PM.
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Then, there are those that think we have the capability to beam them a tow truck. Like, when they call - there is a driver standing by, we hit a key on our keyboard and the truck appears out of thin air for them.
        Are you telling me you can't do that? That's RIDICULOUS!
        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

They CAN provide service that is very fast. It's just that people aren't willing to PAY for it.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Gotta love those "I have an emergency service call and I need you here in 5 minutes" SC's... Uhmm you're on the other side of the county......

or

"But your shop is right up the street from me, why can't you be here in 2 seconds?"
            "Cause the service guy is on the other side of the county right now!

or
            "I lost the keys to my car, come out and make keys for it, but I have to leave for work in 20 minutes" Errrr.... 15 min drive time to your house and it'll take at least 1 hr to make those keys.... Might wanna call boss to say your gonna be late

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
              Are you telling me you can't do that? That's RIDICULOUS!
              Ahh...my favorite SC line "that's ridiculous!"

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                They CAN provide service that is very fast. It's just that people aren't willing to PAY for it.
                That's the key. These people want the world on a platter for their $52/year membership.

Comment

Ahh...my favorite SC line "that's ridiculous!"
                  They don't even know what that means anymore, it's like SC-speak for "do what I want!!!" Boy that line is aggravating!!

You just want to say, "no, you're rediculous, what I've offered is sensible!"
                  It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

It's almost as though they think it's the ultimate comeback line!

Comment

"I don't think that word means what you think it means" - Inyago Montoya

Comment

It's almost as though they think it's the ultimate comeback line!
                        Little do most of them know, the SECOND they pull the 'that's ridiculous' line, they are DONE.

Maybe I'm a hard-ass, but something about that line annoys me to no end. I always shut down and do the bare minimum after that.
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

When I first read the thing about appointments, I had the mental image of them calling up and saying something like "Yeah, I'm planning on crashing into a large tree next Tuesday and need to make sure there'll be a tow truck nearby so I'm not late for work."

Comment

Working...
                          X