This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I jinxed myself

I said in an earlier thread that I rarely deal with sucky people of the customer variety anymore and I have two in one freakin' day.

This last one was not so much sucky as, well...unpleasant.

The most someone would pay for a membership for our services is $100/yr. This covers 4 service calls. I've been with the company for nearly three years now and this is the second time I've run into someone who thought that having our service meant that we not only cover getting you to a service station but also cover the cost of ANY repairs! That baffles me.

I called this little old lady to find out if the service for her RV had arrived yet. She said he did, but "he didn't know what he was doing! Its like he didn't know the front end from the rear end! He couldn't get the hubcap off!" Then she asked if my company will cover the cost of repairs for the vehicle and was very upset when I told her no. Her words, "Well, I'll consider that the next time I think about renewing!" and then hung up on me.

(I talked to the contractor - he stated the lugs on an RV are much bigger than on a car and he did not have a socket big enough. He did make sure he aired the tire up for them so that they could make it in to town. )
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

See what happens when you say things like that! The Universe Hates all Customer Service Reps!

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
      (I talked to the contractor - he stated the lugs on an RV are much bigger than on a car and he did not have a socket big enough. He did make sure he aired the tire up for them so that they could make it in to town. )
      This is VERY true, seeing as the RV lugs are bigger than my palm. And they weigh a LOT for lugs.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

At least both of the ones I had yesterday hung up on me because I always feel so awkward when I don't know how to end the call...most of the time, I'll just sit there in silence until I feel they are done bitching and apologize and ask if there's anything else I can do and then thank them for calling. Hopefully, they hang up at that time, if not, I have to endure more bitching.
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
        X