This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power outage

so yea, we got hit with that snowstorm last week. its got up to like, what, 800,000 in the dark in the state. so the town i work in, was hit pretty bad. and everyone lost power there. except the area i work. out of the 5 BVS's in town, we were the ONLY one with power. enter:hell

i didnt work last sunday, but we made almost $11,000. which a normal sunday is like $5,000 (maybe...not even)

monday was truck day. it was over 600 pieces, which is big for us. it came after 10am, which is bad. we dont have a receiving area. so we take it by piece through the back door, which is near pharmacy. so we had one guy taking stuff off the truck. me and another girl wheeling everything back and forth. 2 cashiers up front and the manager sorting in the back. we COULD NOT walk by pharmacy. the line at drop off was down the aisle. we COULD NOT walk by the front because the line was across the front of the store. took about 2.5 hours to take the whole truck in. which is slightly longer than normal. we did $15,000 that day. twice as much as normal

tuesday was my bday. had to finish truck, pushing overstock, and fighting off customers grabbing near me for D batteries. we did about $13,000.

wednesday same stuff. did about $11,000. by then we had beaten this weeks budget.

thursday i wasnt there. but we did $9,000

friday and saturday calmed down a little. but rx was crazy ALL WEEK

i get that we were the only pharmacy open. but my god. lines down the aisle all week. our pharmacy is small. its not equipped to handle so many people, and it cant fit that many inside the rx itself. and the front store was just insane as well.

thank goodness the other stores have opened. even if it was with generators. last week was stupid.

So...How many people tried to return stuff after the big storm, and how bad of SCs were they?
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
      So...How many people tried to return stuff after the big storm, and how bad of SCs were they?
      i dont think refunds were a problem. people were coming in for things like batteries, flashlights, etc.

but a lot of them were coming in for things like mascara, peanuts, like wtf

rx had problems with people being SC's luckily i did not have to deal with it. so i dont know specifics

Comment

Working...
      X