This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaail!!!11!!

Our benefits department sends out an email to all employees regarding open enrollment. Cool.

Someone who has a question does a Reply to All. Not cool.

The person who did a Reply to All realizes their error and sends a recall. Cool.

Multiple people do a Reply to All with the message, "Why am I getting this message?" So not cool I can feel the flames rising.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Quoth wagegoth View Post
    Our benefits department sends out an email to all employees regarding open enrollment. Cool.
    Not cool. Someone high up enough the chain of command to have access to everyone's email addresses should know how to use bcc, and why it's so important.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
      Not cool. Someone high up enough the chain of command to have access to everyone's email addresses should know how to use bcc, and why it's so important.
      We have distribution lists, and one of the lists was every employee on this continent. This is our company email, so we all have access to the directory.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Annoying yes. But forgivable so long as the writer wasn't asking which STDs are covered on the insurance plan.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I wish the Recall "feature" would just go away. It usually does no good anyway. (This from someone who used to do a lot of volunteer support for Outlook...)

That, and people need to pay more attention!!
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            Annoying yes. But forgivable so long as the writer wasn't asking which STDs are covered on the insurance plan.
            Reminded me of my time at the bent paperclip when my manager was telling one of my co-workers about various benefits and he said "I have STD".. all of a sudden we look at him weird and he quickly did the full saying and not the acro for it.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
              We have distribution lists, and one of the lists was every employee on this continent. This is our company email, so we all have access to the directory.
              We have one distribution list that has all the employees on it, and the only department that knows about it is IT and we only use in bcc. The last thing we need is some random spamming the whole company and we're small.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                That shouldn't matter, though. The distribution should still be sent to each individual blindly (it's not that hard; I do it for my work sometimes), so that when people hit Reply All (I have never understood why anyone does this when they don't need to >_< is the regular Reply button just not good enough?) they don't spam the entire list with irrelevant and potentially private information.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                X