Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the hotel where I worked, you couldn't cancel your reservation after a certain time in the evening, but that didn't deter a woman who wanted to stay somewhere else after finding out that we didn't have a pool. She called back about four times before I snapped and said, "I'm not supposed to, but I cancelled your reservation because I really don't feel like putting up with you today. Your cancellation number is *blah.* Goodbye."

This is in addition to the time that a former guest called us to try and shake us down for money because his wife had fallen down the lobby staircase. The conversation degenerated quickly, and the highlights came when A -- he threatened to kill me, and B -- I accused him of being a child molester. Later, he called my boss and told her he was afraid of me because of the way I had laughed at him.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Hmmm the worst I ever did.. Laugh at a "VIP" and tell him 'Well call the CEO of the company if you think that will make ME work faster, I am the only one here so I will wait for him to tell you to call back. BYE!" *click*
      Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
      pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
        Hint: If no one answers an office phone after 30 rings, give up.
        I've had the very odd voicemail system pick up at 40 rings. And in the US (at least from where I'm calling from), the call will be dumped after 60 rings. I just don't understand phone systems that don't have some form of voice mail or 'night' setting.

As for the worst things I've done... Well, I've done the 'hang up in the middle of a sentence to make it seem like the call was disconnected' thing. More than once. Usually to someone who had called, gotten the information they needed, and then just kept rambling interminably when I had other things I needed to get to. Nobody ever called back.

I usually keep my snark and attitude for after I'm no longer dealing with the idiots or for when dealing with Sightings situations.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Now this was not on a job, but in my own home...

Telemarketer named 'Rick' would call every day, despite being told I was not interested. For a week, since I am a nice polite person..I put up with it. On day 8, I told him "Hold on just a minute, I will be right back." set the phone down and went to town...I never heard from him again.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
          X