X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client supervisor had a meeting this Friday with her boss

Long post

Both I and my co-worker work as contract visitor parking attendants at a university. The client is the university parking office. We have a direct supervisor at the parking company we both report to. He will have a meeting with the client supervisor sometime next week.

I have posted several posts about the client supervisor, Andrea *not her real name*, & the university parking office in the general work section.

Andrea had a meeting this past Friday for a couple of reasons....1) to discuss our performance over the last 6 months & 2) to discuss what their staffing needs are now that the rennovation of the existing visitor parking garage will be done at the end of this year. A second level is being added to visitor parking. The first level of the faculty/staff garage is currently being used for visitor parking.

The post below explain what Andrea expects from me and my co-worker...
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=78765
    We also have to watch the exit gate for customers having trouble exiting. You have to buy a token, which is $5.00, to exit. According to the company that installed the equipment where you insert the token into so the exit gate goes up, the equipment is 30 to 31 years old. The gates at the faculty/staff garage were replaced in 2008. But the university did not replace the equipment in which you insert your token into for a new system. So when you insert your token into the equipment, the exit gate does not go up.

In August my hours were cut from 40 hours a week to 33 hours a week. I was working the first shift from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., but my immediate supervisor moved me to the second shift. My immediate supervisor gave Andrea 2 contracts to consider...1) one full-time attendant & one part-time attendant or 2) 2 part-time attendants. Andrea chose #2 because it had a cheaper contract rate. The contract ends in August of next year. The second shift was originally from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, but it was changed to 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday. He also gave me a progressive disciplinary report because I was not meeting Andrea's expectations regarding my job duties.

My co-worker has not been able to meet Andrea's expectations regarding our job duties. Plus he received a progressive disciplinary report as well http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=83033

Our immediate supervisor told us back in August that once the rennovation inside the existing visitor parking garage is complete, there would be some changes, but he did not know what they would be. He also said that Andrea is prone to coming up with crazy ideas. So anything could happen.

Andrea could....
    • Cut our hours even more
    • decide to staff the visitor parking booth only when needed *one of the parking office's responsibilities is to make reservations for guests arriving at the university. They park in visitor parking. The reservations are posted in Microsoft Outlook. So based on how many reservations there are on a given day, a parking attendant may or may not be needed to staff the visitor parking booth*
    • decide that only one attendant is needed
    • end the contract

If Andrea decides to keep us, I cannot have my hours reduced even more. I am certainly not going to work on an as needed basis. If she decides to end the contract, I have to get a full-time job. I have been job hunting since August. I received a phone call earlier this week regarding a job I applied for back in August. The company wanted me to fill out an application, which I did this past Thursday. I am waiting for a response from the company.

Then there are maintenance issues inside the visitor parking booth, which our immediate supervisor and Andrea are aware of, but Facilities, which were notified by Andrea, have not fixed the problems.

I really hope I get a better full-time job soon.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 11-06-2011, 01:00 PM.

I hope so too, good luck!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck!
        Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
        What's the difference?
        We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Much luck on getting the hell out of there.

You should not have to put up with receiving a disciplinary report for being unable to do the impossible.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

You should not have to put up with receiving a disciplinary report for being unable to do the impossible.

^-.-^
            My co-worker received a disciplinary report as well, & he told me that the reason our immediate supervisor gave him one is that it makes the parking office look bad when we cannot do our job correctly or when we make mistakes. Our immediate supervisor told him that the misakes were not big mistakes, but that it makes the parking office look bad no matter what mistake we make. And the parking office staff wants to keep their jobs. So we have to be good perfect parking attendants.

I have always beleived that I never should have received a disciplinary report. I wonder if I received so I would be more motivated to do my job. It did the exact opposite. It made me want to look for a better job. At this point, I do not have any loyalty towards the parking office.
            Last edited by snugglegirl05; 11-13-2011, 05:22 PM.

Comment

To quote a former boss; 'The (beatings) will continue until morale improves.'

Substitue beatings for something else, and a former boss really did say that to the staff one day when nothing was going his way. I am VERY glad to be out of there.

Comment

Working...
              X