This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclists 0, Sliding Door 8938578609

I've written on here before about the slow-moving automatic sliding door at my work, and how idiots keep bumping into it. (because they're too stupid and impatient to wait for the door to fully open and try to go through while it's still mostly closed)

The other day some idiot on a bicycle tried to ride into the store. Goiong at a fast walking pace, he sort of bounced off the door (which of course didn't open in time). After he got to his feet, he picked up the bike, leaned it against the wall, and walked into the store like nothing had happened.

(Maybe he saw my co-worker who rides his bike to work walking his bike through the store to the back room and figured bikes in the store are OK.)

I'm having a fit right now...I can't stop picturing this in my head. That is so freakin' hysterical.
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Guess it didn't hurt that much.
      I've witnessed some interesting entrances and exits since my store is right at one of the entrances of the mall. The main hilarity (and surprise) comes from when they turn off the exterior sensor to stop letting people into the centre after closing time (this is at around 6:05pm Weekdays, 9:05pm Thursdays and 5:05pm Saturdays), and just watching how many people try and get in after that even though they can clearly see inside that everything is closed. Many of them still get in regardless, as they wait for someone to walk out.
      - Boochan

Comment

What does it say about you when you run into a door that's closed.... more than once. No it wasn't clean glass or automatic.

I'm going to go back and hide my shame.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I love that door!!!! You all need a security camera at it 24/7!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just goes to show...

... you can't trust what you read.

According to a quote from a book I read as a kid, "Nothing is impossible except for skiing through a revolving door." I get the impression that the people who tried either died or looked silly (or in some cases, both.)

I guess it's time to revise the book to include "bicycling through a sliding glass door."
            Experience is knowing how not to get your teeth kicked in - again. -- The Freethinker

"And that... entitles you to no mercy at all, no matter what." -- from Going Postal by Terry Pratchett

Comment

Quoth Thud-n-Blunder View Post
              ... you can't trust what you read.

According to a quote from a book I read as a kid, "Nothing is impossible except for skiing through a revolving door." I get the impression that the people who tried either died or looked silly (or in some cases, both.)

I guess it's time to revise the book to include "bicycling through a sliding glass door."
              Well it *is* an unusually slowly opening door. Most people who bump into it expect it to move at regular automatic door speed, and so it would be open by the time they get to it.

Comment

"What, what? That's how I always open doors, okay?"

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

A friend of mine told me a story about how he was walking into target behind these two women who were looking at each other and talking...and not looking where they're going. The doors at target had a slight delay, so they smacked right into them.

My friend nearly pissed himself he laughed so hard. I'm sure that because of the combined embarrassment of walking into a door and then being laughed at was the reason they decided to go complain to management.
                  Check out my cosplay social group!
                  http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
                    My friend nearly pissed himself he laughed so hard. I'm sure that because of the combined embarrassment of walking into a door and then being laughed at was the reason they decided to go complain to management.
                    How could you possibly complain to management about that? I'm really curious. I know SC's complain about anything, but still, what kind of argument and or case can you make for "I'm an idiot and I walked face first into your door. Rather then humour my complaints you should be taking me into not procreating for the good of the species."

I demand that you fire this door immediately.

Comment

The title of the OP reminded me of something I, as both a cyclist and a motorist, say fairly often:

"When truck meets bike, truck wins....every...single....time."

Sadly, so few of my fellow cyclists understand this rudimentary fact of physics.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

HAHA! I wish you have videotape!

I saw something similar the other day, going to the bank. The bank next door to where I work (downtown) is in a high-rise building. And the building has revolving doors. There is a regular door to the right, but it's pretty much just there for the handicapped. Note: handicapped door is VERY, unusually, heavy.

So, I see a guy in front of me that's too impatient to wait for the couple people in front of him to get through the revolving door. He walks over to the handicapped door, walking quite quickly. He grabs the door and pulls it open while he's still walking forward....expecting the door to open like every other door. FAIL! The door (being made of solid lead or something, lol) is so heavy, he can't open as quickly, and walks RIGHT the f*ck into it! HILARIOUS!
                        "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
                        "Red."
                        "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
                        "RED!"
                        "..."

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                          What does it say about you when you run into a door that's closed.... more than once. No it wasn't clean glass or automatic.

I'm going to go back and hide my shame.
                          Heh, I've biked into parked cars on a few occasions.
                          wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
                          ----
                          Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

Quoth IHateStupidCustomers View Post
                            handicapped door is VERY, unusually, heavy.
                            Um...how is someone in a wheelchair supposed to pull this heavy door open and wheel themselves through without it slamming shut? Sounds like an ADA violation to me.
                            "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I saw someone walk into the non-sliding section of our doors. They DEMANDED that we remove the defective doors and put in real doors. We ended up giving them the 800 number for Corp. because they would refuse to listen to us that the doors are properly working. They never called.

Comment

Working...
                              X