This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how the people in Exhibit B thought there was a door there. There's no door frame.
    If you notice, practically every one has their head down and is doing something other than paying attention to where they're going. Except the delivery guy who left a grease smear impression of his face...

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
    Okay, I LOVE that one because it always drives me nuts when people open doors by pushing on the glass instead of the handles or the bars that are there for that express purpose. I hope a few of these people learned their lessons on that
    Yeah. I'd never get hit with that one because I always use the frame or the handle. It baffles me why people push on parts of the door that aren't intended for pushing.

Although, I might have a bit of a problem with the door being super-light due to there being no glass.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My father once told me a story about this woman he saw jog througha glass wall. This would have been in the sixties while he was at college.

Apparently there was a certain stretch of hallway that was popular for indoor running, being both fairly long and mostly straight. However there was a turn in it, with a view out to a courtyard area through the full length window. This woman was just running along, at a fairly good clip apparently, and hit the wall so hard she shattered it. My father said the look on her face was priceless. She was not seriously hurt.

When they replaced the wall, it had the black bar across the middle.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        Hee. This stuff amuses me, for the most part.

Exhibit A. That's not the door.

Exhibit B. That is still not the door.
        I used to see that all the time when I worked for a big green petrol station chain. One site that I worked at for six months was layed out slightly differently to every other site in town. Where all the other places have a door, we just had a glass wall. Here's how it usually went:

-customer approaches section of wall where the door "should be"
        -customer stops and waits for the door to open
        -customer realises nothing's happening, and so starts looking around
        -customer sees the actual door and walks over to it
        -real door opens, customer enters store.

But at least once a day we had people just walk right into the wall in that spot. Usually with an allmighty "THUD".

How does one do that exactly? Walk into a closed door hard enough to crack it?

Comment

I admit to pushing on the glass rather than the door handle sometimes. But only in the winter. Why? I have long hair, and in the winter it gets so staticky that I'm afraid to touch ANY metal because it'll cause a strong shock.
          It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            The title of the OP reminded me of something I, as both a cyclist and a motorist, say fairly often:

"When truck meets bike, truck wins....every...single....time."

Sadly, so few of my fellow cyclists understand this rudimentary fact of physics.
            Well, it wasn't a truck, but my bike left on equal terms the one car vs bike accident I ever had.

I was 9 or 10 at the time, riding through the mall parking log, being a fool like most boys that age, and t-boned a car (which had the right-of-way) right at it's right-rear tire.

My rim was bent badly enough that I had to carry the bike home, and the driver of the car had to swap out the tire for his spare.

Luckily, I only had a small scrape to show for it.

Eric the Grey
            In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              The title of the OP reminded me of something I, as both a cyclist and a motorist, say fairly often:

"When truck meets bike, truck wins....every...single....time."

Sadly, so few of my fellow cyclists understand this rudimentary fact of physics.
              My cross-country's coach was "If you're going to get into an argument with a vehicle, remember the vehicle gets the last word. That and get their license plater number."
              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
                I admit to pushing on the glass rather than the door handle sometimes. But only in the winter. Why? I have long hair, and in the winter it gets so staticky that I'm afraid to touch ANY metal because it'll cause a strong shock.
                I get that all the time. I shock myself several times a day, all year round, while at work. (I blame all the computer equipment and the carpet) I've had coworkers look up and ask if they really heard the crack of a static discharge.

My solution? Do a quick, sharp tap of my fingertips against whatever it is that's metal. Or, if possible, bump something metal with my knee to discharge. Static shocks to the knees are nothing.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Nyx View Post
                  Heh, I've biked into parked cars on a few occasions.
                  I've done it twice myself.

Once as a stupid kid. (I was about eight or so.)

And once as a drunken stupid adult. Don't ask.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Don't ask.
                    But... But...

Tease.

^-.-^

Comment

When all else fails...try a hammer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRB4DrJoEDs
                      Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth Kogo Shuko View Post
                        After reading this story, and then watching all the people walk into doors, I really, REALLY want to watch someone BIKE into a door. It'd be so stress-relieving! Let's go with that.
                        If I ever got the courage to ride a bike again, that might be me.

But not for the reason you think.

Every time I ride a bike, for whatever reason the bike stops but I don't.

Quoth Jester View Post
                        Don't ask.
                        But... But...

Tease.

^-.-^
                        Jester, I have to agree with Andara. You ARE a tease. *pouts*
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                          When all else fails...try a hammer.
                          Well, it wasn't the hammer that did it, there.

^-.-^

Comment

Hee. This stuff amuses me, for the most part.

Exhibit A. That's not the door.

Exhibit B. That is still not the door.

Exhibit C. The painful realization that that was the door.

Exhibit D. There is no door.

^-.-^
                            OMG are you kidding me with that "that is still not the door" video!? That many people ran into the glass next to the door! I would have paid to see that in person.

Those were hilarious!
                            "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
                            "Red."
                            "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
                            "RED!"
                            "..."

Comment

Working...
                            X