X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
    *stickler alert*

Dave Thomas was a big supporter of adoption because he himself was adopted. I'm fairly certain most if not all his kids are his own.
    <snip>

Also, Wendy's hasn't had a commercial worth a damn since he died.
    Thanks for the clarification. Now I want to track down where I heard that he'd adopted his kids. Maybe it was from someone repeating (that ol' 'they say') what they heard.

Wow, reading the 7-page biography at the Wendy's site, I admire the man even more (even allowing for bias).

Dave couldn't act his way out of a paper bag but his commercials were the best. That whole red wig thing stinks on ice. It's just creepy.
    I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
      Thanks for the clarification. Now I want to track down where I heard that he'd adopted his kids. Maybe it was from someone repeating (that ol' 'they say') what they heard.

Wow, reading the 7-page biography at the Wendy's site, I admire the man even more (even allowing for bias).

Dave couldn't act his way out of a paper bag but his commercials were the best. That whole red wig thing stinks on ice. It's just creepy.
      Heh, I have the urge to put a brick or some other high-velocity object through the TV screen every time one of those comes on.

Quoth NightWatch View Post
      karath: i don't mean to diss you. but the wendy's incorporation took a shit and thus are all the wendy's in my area. any wendy's i've been too elsewhere is fantastic... but not the ones around here.
      they messed up my burger, i politely asked them to fix it... they refused unless i paid for a new burger
      they gave me the wrong drink, i politely asked for the correct one, they said i would have to pay for a new one.
      they forgot to give me my fries, i showed them the receipt and politely asked for them... they accused me of eating them already and said i'd have to pay...
      *sigh*
      WHAT THE!? Good Lord, that is just appalling! If you haven't already, call in a complaint or two about the store; Wendy's corporate takes poor customer service very seriously. Hell, one of the Dave's 5 tenets is "Respect everyone and just be nice." I'll admit that's not exactly easy to do all the time (only reason I can is because most of our customers rock) but management will give any sucky employees a swift kick in the ass and out the door. Especially if you're polite about it, every employee where I work would take care of all those concerns in record time. Sorry about that Nightwatch, but if you're ever in so-cal talk to me and I'll personally redeem your faith in Wendy's
      Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
      --Unknown

Comment

Working...
      X