• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When its right infront of your face

Sent: Sat 4/19/2008 5:33 PM
    To: Help Desk
    Subject: blah.blah.com

I’m trying to submit a resume through the employee referral program but get the following error message:

Career Section Unavailable

Sorry, the Career section you are trying to access is not available. The system may be under maintenance. If you used a link or bookmark to reach this page, please try again later.

Thank you for your understanding,

Human Resources Department

Company

How does one not know thats what that message actually mean?
    Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Who didn't know what the message meant? We're getting the punchline but not the joke.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

The employee sent in the email asking what that error message meant.

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Comment

Geez, I wonder. Did you tell them it meant that the service was unavailable?
        "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes I told him exactly what it meant, most likely sounding smart >_>

Comment

What the message really means is he is not getting the job he wants to apply for.

Next time use snail mail for the resume, or deliver it in person.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              What the message really means is he is not getting the job he wants to apply for.
              Wouldn't that be awesome? An idiot/SC-screening program that said, "Too bad, so sad! Next!"

Comment

*hands darien the official 'dumb it down' kit* here, this might help.

yoor selekshun not redee now. cum bak latr.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Actually its already an employee trying to submit a resume for a referral for another potential employee.

Comment

That makes me feel sorry for that other potential employee...

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                    X