Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wear your damn hearing aid... (and other tales)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Wicked_Lexi View Post
    SC: Well what do you do then? *mutter* Useless Girl.
    Me: I am in charge of directing customers to our offices, handling general inquiries relating to our Promotional Programmes from both Australia and New Zealand, handling interoffice requests, Handling all queries from our international website and I give out the phone numbers, fax numbers and mailing addresses for our 700 offices across Australia and New Zealand.
    SW: *Slams down Phones*

And I wasnt actually finished listing all the things I do... Mwahahahaha!
    Heh - I like this response. Instead of giving them what they want - that is, you being insulted - you answer their question exactly as they asked it. And proved that you're far from useless. Not that we should ever have to "prove" it but it's nice when you can rub some assclown's face in it.

Quoth Wicked_Lexi View Post
    I have people from our offices that do it to me. They are trying to give me addresses, phone numbers, names and notes to attach to a referral and I can hear every second word. I tend to just keep saying "I cant hear you" over and over til they get the point!
    Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

As for the spearkphone twats, I always feign inability to hear unless it's a really good connection.
    And it's not just speakerphones either; I've found a lot of folks have crappy cell phone connections, usually because they've put themselves in areas that have crappy connections. [It's almost like they're thinking: "Hrm. I need to make this very important call - I think I'll wait until I'm in a noisy train, that's traveling in a tunnel, covered with 800 billion tons of rock before making the call. And then I'll act REALLY surprised when the connection sucks!"]

The worst part in all of this though is the reactions the OP was getting. Bad enough these SCs want to play "Guess what I'm saying!" but then to get insulted when we can't figure it?

Part of me really wants to ask them: If you don't care about me hearing what you're saying, why should I?
    Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
      I had to keep the shades closed because the squirrels would always giggle when my ex got naked....

But back on topic......I guess some people are too proud for their own good. Nothing is more annoying than a telephone call where someone on the other hand is barking "HELLO? HELLO!!!? HELLOWWWWW?!"
      Seriously everytime I have told the story and rereading it makes me laugh so hard!
      His voice was EXACTLY like Foamy the squirrel in one of his tech support cartoons where he is screaming the guy "HELLO HELLO HELLOOOOOW" It was hysterical! But frustrating!

Comment

Working...
      X