This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Go Gadget Arms!

I get this every now and then, but I got it quite a few times yesterday. A customer will come up with their items, usually something large, like a tree or a piece of card board or a large frame, and something else. I'll ring up all their other stuff when they put it on the counter, then without removing the larger item from their cart or picking it off the floor, they'll ask, "Did you get this yet?". How exactly? I can't stretch that far or maybe they expect that I know all the sku numbers to all the items in the store? I've even had people with a large item simply walk up and ask what they owe.
    wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
    ----
    Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

I don't know about your store, but where I worked, we had to memorize all the UPC's for each of the roughly 90,000 items in our store, in addition to how much they cost, so when we rang something up, we would immediately know if it was the wrong price. What made it really tricky was the weekly sales, and the price drop things that lasted either less or more than the standard week long sales.
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I am assuming this is sarcasm, if not then I weep for you...
      wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
      ----
      Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

i agree; there are too many items to keep track of, and to expect anyone to remember them all is absurd.

i get that a great deal at my store: how much is x coffee? i have no idea because we have probably around 25-30 types of coffee, plus other merchandise, modifiers for other items, etc. considering that the pay for the job isn't that great, i don't bother trying to keep track of it all. if something doesn't ring correctly, i get a supervisor to double check it; that's what they're paid for.

i save my brainpower (such as it is) for my schooling; that's worth my full time and effort.

(it may seem like i don't care about customer service, but i do; i choose what's worth keeping track of or not-generally, i can figure out what's correct and what's not)
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I hate when people do that. The thing I hate even more is when I'm walking down an aisle, and someone walks up to me and says "Hey, how much is this?"

Yes. Because one of my job requirements is to memorize the price of every item in the store. Asshole.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
            I don't know about your store, but where I worked, we had to memorize all the UPC's for each of the roughly 90,000 items in our store, in addition to how much they cost, so when we rang something up, we would immediately know if it was the wrong price. What made it really tricky was the weekly sales, and the price drop things that lasted either less or more than the standard week long sales.
            That's crazy. There's no way I would be able to memorize that many UPCs. Only Rain Man himself could pull that off.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Nyx View Post
              I get this every now and then, but I got it quite a few times yesterday. A customer will come up with their items, usually something large, like a tree or a piece of card board or a large frame, and something else. I'll ring up all their other stuff when they put it on the counter, then without removing the larger item from their cart or picking it off the floor, they'll ask, "Did you get this yet?". How exactly? I can't stretch that far or maybe they expect that I know all the sku numbers to all the items in the store? I've even had people with a large item simply walk up and ask what they owe.
              I love that!
              And with the new way they have the stupid registers set up with the stupid scanner guns...tethered to the freakin other side of the stupid counter.... we can't easily ring up the gigantic stuff when they DO lift it.

Those are the same folks who want bags for their trees. Or tri-fold thingies. Or the giant frames. "but it's RAINING". Who gives a flying ....anyway.

At some stores when I have heavy items, the cashier does say "you don't have to take that out of the cart, I'll get it" and she either keys in the number OR uses the gun. But it's always stuff like a case of water or a 24 pack of soda. Never stuff like...say an air conditioner or giant oversized frame.

You know what my least favorite things to ring up are? REALLY?
              Lindt candies.
              you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

I'm going to get this new cyborg implant that adds a barcode scanner to your eyes. You look at a barcode, a wifi implant in your ear connects to the central database and downloads the price. One fringe beneift is that you can blind SCs by shining the laser in their eyes.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                  I hate when people do that. The thing I hate even more is when I'm walking down an aisle, and someone walks up to me and says "Hey, how much is this?"

Yes. Because one of my job requirements is to memorize the price of every item in the store. Asshole.
                  I'm a bad girl.

When that happens, I always lean in to look at it. Then lean in real close to the shelf tags. Take my time finding the exact match, then say what the price is.

Unsurprisingly this is met with "Well I could have done that."

To which I usually respond. "Yes you could have." as I walk away.

For some reason I never got in trouble for it either.

Comment

Working...
                  X