X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same method, different results

So, this was weird.

We made a large purchase at a home improvement store. Boyfriend was paying by check, and had already contacted the bank to make sure the money was available. The store register WOULD NOT accept the check, just said 'could not process.'

Yet, using his debit card the sale went through fine.

I wonder if it was a problem with the register?

P.S. he only had checks on him the first time; we had to drive home and back so he could get his wallet.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Since the reader said it couldn't process the check instead of saying declined, my guess is it couldn't read the numbers along the bottom strip of the check. The readers at MalMart were finicky and would reject checks that were torn unevenly from the checkbook or where a signature scribbled over the area where the routing number was. The signature needed to stay completely clear of the routing numbers, or our readers would reject it. We were NOT allowed to accept a check unless the reader authorized it. That's because too many people would write fraudulent checks or write checks against an overdrawn account.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Or sometimes the company that's reading the check has an issue with your info in their system (someone of a similar name is writing bad checks, so all people of that name are frozen until they contact the company, etc.).
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
      X