X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soon I will be working the first shift again

The link below pertains to this post.

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=83703

My immediate supervisor at the parking company I work for has not had the meeting with the client supervisor yet.

He called me at work yesterday afternoon to let me know that the client supervisor wants me back on the first shift beginning the last Tuesday of this month. He told me he received a one sentence e-mail from the client supervisor stating...put snugglegirl05 back on the first shift. So as of the last Tuesday of this month my hours will be 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. I will be working 30 hours a week...plenty of time to continue looking for a full-time job.

As for the second shift, he does not know if the client supervisor wants the first shift attendant moved to the second shift. The client supervisor may or may not want someone else working that shift. His direct boss wants to keep the client happy, & so he has to do whatever the client wants.

I'm still trying to figure out how they expect to have NO ONE cover a shift, when a single attendant can't manage half the impossible tasks they want.

Hopefully moving to first shift is a good sign, meaning you were valuable in that position. Not like they'll ever let on or stop complaining. Good luck with your job hunt.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

[QUOTE=bainsidhe;974629]I'm still trying to figure out how they expect to have NO ONE cover a shift, when a single attendant can't manage half the impossible tasks they want.

Oops...I should have mentioned that the client supervisor may or may not want to have someone working the second shift once the rennovation inside the existing visitor parking garage is complete, which is the end of this year.

The client supervisor is prone to make crazy decisions, & so who knows what she will decide.

Comment

Update

Today I worked from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. My immediate supervisor came by with a bunch of blank timecards. I left him voice mail at his work extension as well as an e-mail.

I found out from him that he has not been informed by the client supervisor whether or not I and the second shift attendant will be needed after the rennovation inside Visitor parking is done. So right now he is having me work temporarily at another location for 8 to 10 hours as well as the university. I do not know whether or not I will work from 7 to 1 or from 7 to 3 Monday through Friday.

My co-worker told me today that he was told by the parking office staff that once the rennovation is done inside Visitor parking, a pay machine will be installed.

A staff member told me this morning that the university is not financially stable.

So there could be some changes at work soon.

Comment

Hmm, that sounds about right and was a long time coming. It's terrible that you two would lose your jobs, but the parking office was heading in that direction. Not only is it incredibly inconvenient for guests to go to a completely different department for a token, but campus police has ALWAYS directed calls to the parking office instead of your booth. This tells me that the parking office will handle things the same way, except a customer will simply need to press a button for directions or to confirm a reservation instead of asking a warm body. Plus it'll be convenient for them to buy a token from a vending machine right there.

Really it sucks. I hope you find another job soon, and that it's one where they actual value people and their efforts.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
          X