Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some places take returns without the original receipt...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some places take returns without the original receipt...

If my company were a store, we would accept returns without the original product.
    Background: I work for a school picture company, not the big one that touches lives, but a smaller one that competes with them. This kinda bugged me when it happened last year, but seems to have become a HUGE problem this year.

Most companies that do school pictures also do retake day.
    In theory this is a good idea. People return their original prints that they didn't like, and get a new one taken for free. All retake day pictures are great because the photographer has more time with each subject, because they only have to photograph the small fraction of the school who was absent on the original day or didn't like their picture. Guaranteed customer satisfaction.

And in practice, here's what happens:
    Student: I need a retake!
    Me: No problem! Do you have your original picture package?
    Student: No......I left it at home....

And the company policy? Take the picture and fill out a new order form to guarantee they get the same picture package they originally ordered.
    The one they didn't return.

I can believe a kid forgot to bring in their pictures, and truthfully I understand why the company doesn't let us turn anyone away for having no pictures with them. Buy my god I hate it so much. Especially when it's obvious the kid didn't forget, and their parents just want more pictures of their precious.
    Like when the kid shows up in a Christmas sweater. Picture day is very late summer/early fall, retakes are mod-November.
    Or when they actually sent the kid with the picture envelope, with every picture taken out.
    And of course, when the kid tells me "No, mommy kept the pictures, she said we get more for free!"
    It makes sense.
Working...
X