This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revenge is a dish best served cold

Ever got revenge on a sucky customer? I posted my story on the old board; here it is again.

I was a cold winter's night. It was abought 9:15 pm. This well-dressed middle-aged woman came to my line with a big order. She did the usual bitching about how our selection's too small an our prices too high. She kept saying she was in a hurry and I was too slow (I have the 3rd highest IPH). Her total was a 130 something. When it came time to pay she had 3 checks for $50 each from her ex-husband written out to her. I told her we couldn't take third-party checks. That pissed her off . She asked me why and I told it was store policy. She then accused me of lying and said we have to take them since they're her alimony checks and she's in here all the time. I call for a manger. When the duty manager came up she (the SC) started telling how I was rude to her and how her husband (no mention of ex) has good credit and she needs her groceries . My manager restates our policy and explains that we can only accept checks made out to us. So she grabs her checks back, crossed our her name, and writes ours. Manager says that we can't accept the altered checks since her name isn't on the account. SC says "Fine, I'm never shopping here again" and walks out the door. So we void her transaction and the front-end monitor seperates the perishables and takes them back.
    Five minutes later the SC comes in and says she really needs her order so she'll use her debit card (had it all along). I explain that since she didn't say she was coming back we voided her order and everything has to be rung up again and she has to pick out her cold stuff again. More ranting about how much we suck etc and she leaves.
    Half and hour later we close and I go home. There's alot of snow and the mountain road is very bad. I notice a car stuck off the road with it's blinkers on. I stop to see if they're alright. Guess who it was ? Her care was stuck and she didn't have her cell phone. "Can, you please call AAA for me or give a ride?" My response; "Shit happens , and town's back that way" rolls window and takes off.

What are your revenge stories?
    Mon aƩroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

IMO that was not very nicely done... especially if it was night and wintertime.

But then again, revenge is sweet!
    Want to know more about me ??
    Then feel free to contact me in the MSN messenger!! I'd be happy to chat with you!
    Or check www.myspace.com/kebable

Comment

I'd have to agree that stiffing her out in the cold there was harsh. I think it was revenge enough that her order got voided before she came back with the debit card. That's the kind of revenge I like because it means I don't have to compromise my own personal morals just because a customer is a jerk.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Stories like this make me sad-that revenge is more important than lending a hand to someone in dire straits, even if they were a poop earlier.

She was out in the snow, with no cell phone, car broken down and you are proud of the fact that you stopped, mocked her and then drove off without helping her?

OK...hope it made your day.

blech....

Comment

We do not condone revenge on this board.

Leaving someone, even an SC, to possibly die on the side of the road is WRONG.

No more revenge stories people.

It really isn't what this site is about.

And this thread is officially- closed.
          Last edited by NightAngel; 07-24-2006, 05:17 AM.
          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
          HellGate: London

Comment

Working...
          X