This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help? (laptop issues)

So about mid-July, I did the incredibly stupid. I was on my computer, and online, in a storm. Lightning hit something, and fried our router. As we did not have wireless then, I was on with a cord when the router went. My wired internet connection wouldn't work anywhere, and my wireless conked out after five minutes or so (and neither of my ctrl buttons worked, either). So, since it was under warranty, I send it off to HP to fix. Time passes, and I get it back. All my files are still there, I can surf, life is good.

About a week after I get it back, I start getting the oh-so-wonderful BSOD if I start using it after it's been sleeping (I close the top and come back after a few hours).

The Blue Screen always says IRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
    the computer is a 2007 HP pavilion entertainment pc (dv6000) that is running Vista.

Any advice or suggestions?
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Quoth Part-Time Parrothead View Post
    About a week after I get it back, I start getting the oh-so-wonderful BSOD if I start using it after it's been sleeping (I close the top and come back after a few hours).

the computer is a 2007 HP pavilion entertainment pc (dv6000) that is running Vista.

one option would be to try a system restore point prior to the hit, backup all files after that and do the restore. that may fix it. if not if you can get the exact verbage from the error including the 0x800 number that would help in troubleshooting. it may be a simple conflict or similarly easy. worst case could be a full day 1 recovery.
    This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
    my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Quoth Part-Time Parrothead View Post

This is generally a bad driver. Try updating your drivers. If none of them show a problem in the device manager, then start with whatever hardware HP replaced.

Eric the Grey
      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

If it happens every time you "sleep" then something on the laptop is throwing a fit when it tells it to go to sleep mode (or waking from sleep mode, since you didn't say if the screen was blank when you put it in sleep mode)

It could be a driver or it could be another app getting pissy and causing a driver to crash. The easy path is to find an update to the driver. I would start with the video.
        I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Working...
        X