This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC 1/2 scenario at Pizza Joint

It was hell today. We got a MASSIVE order (over $500, at the bulk rate for huge orders of 1-topping pizzas) from a sports clinic at a nearby college for that evening, and we spent most of my shift prepping those pizzas between orders, and they were still going when I left.

One thing did manage to make it through the fog, though, because it reminded me of some of the stuff that happened in Ranma 1/2, only with Sucky and Not Sucky along with the gender change.

CAST
    FSM: Farking Stupid Man
    TCW: Very Competent Woman
    JAD: Just A Dude

JAD: Thanks for calling Pizza Joint. Would you like to try our Family Deal tonight?
    FSM: Uh... no... um....
    JAD: ...
    FSM: ...
    JAD: Okay, can I get your phone number, then?
    FSM: Er... XXX-XXXX
    JAD: You're Farking Stupid?
    FSM: Um... er... Yeah...
    JAD: Alrighty, can you confirm your address then?
    FSM: Durrrr <I swear he actually said that> 1234 West Nowhere Street
    JAD: Now, what can I get for you tonight?

*Here's where the water apparently gets thrown on FSM, because there's less about a 2 second pause before a woman starts talking, picking up the conversation like she was there the whole time.*

TCW: <Gives order, brisk but not too fast for me to keep up, well-enunciated, with all the information, and IN THE RIGHT ORDER!!!>
    JAD: <confirms order and gives total. Asks about payment type>
    TCW: Visa
    JAD: Read it off whenever you're ready, please.
    TCW: <immediately reads numbers. Again clearly enunciated, pausing between each group of 4, and doesn't have to fumble to find the CVV>

I'm not sure if I should be pissed she didn't just call from the beginning, or glad she stepped in when she did.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

I betcha she didn't know he was such an incompetant, and stepped in when she got exasperated at listening to him be such a farkwit. I vote for be glad she stepped in. A lesser being may have continued slacking.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Haha! That reminds me...

I actually had a guy call in (again, electric company call center) about the bill, and he was stumbling through his questions/info and I could hear his wife loudly prompting him in the background and constantly asking the answers the to questions he asked.. finally she actually picks up the other phone on the same line and takes over the conversation! I do have to admit it made things easier, but listening to them bickering, both on the phone, about how he can't take notes right and doesn't know what he's doing while I'm trying to find answers for them was just hilarious.
      Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
        I betcha she didn't know he was such an incompetant, and stepped in when she got exasperated at listening to him be such a farkwit. I vote for be glad she stepped in. A lesser being may have continued slacking.
        Yeah, that's the way I'm leaning.

Her tone started out annoyed and then got nicer after the first few sentences, as well, so it sounds like she got fed up with the farkinaut.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I second the notion - be glad she stepped in to take over. Otherwise, you'd been doing the dance all night long

I mean, seriously, how flippin' hard is it to order a pizza for delivery? When I call, I know EXACTLY what I want, how I want it (crust type, toppings, size) and I have my Visa out of my wallet before I call and in my hand.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
          X