This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passive Aggresive SC...augh.

There's something about a loud, obnoxious SC that I can stand, and I almost enjoy to a certain degree. However, when they're quiet, soft spoken, and pretending to be nice, yet they still toss barb after barb at you, it's even worse. Just a moment ago I spoke with this lovely woman:

PAC = Passive Aggresive Customer
    ME = ME

PAC: Hi sweetie, I was just calling to see if you people got our account fixed yet!

ME: Okay, what is your account number?

PAC: [gives two seperate account #]

ME: Alright [not seeing anything unusual] And what is wrong with the account?

PAC: ["jokingly" scoffs] Well, I'm surprised you don't see that mess! We're supposed to be on automatic withdrawal, but you people put it on the wrong one!

ME: Oh, okay, well it looks as if you put x acct# on the automatic payment form, and that's why we set it up on this account.

PAC: Sweety, I have a hard time believing I did that. You know, I have had quite a time with you people since we started.

ME: Well...that's the account number we have on the form. So if you want I can cancel auto pay on this account and move it to the other.

PAC: Well I would appreciate that sweetheart, since you people seem to have such a hard time getting these things right.

ME (losing my temper slightly): Well, really you put the wrong account number on the form, we only did what the form that *YOU* filled out instructed us to do.

PAC: HONEY! People make mistakes. Sorry I got confused. Goodbye.

And she hung up. Eep, it gives me the heeby-jeebies when random strange women call me "honey" or what not, especially when they're accusing me and my company of incompetance. Bleah.
    Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

PAC: Sweety, I have a hard time believing I did that.
    PAC: HONEY! People make mistakes. Sorry I got confused.
    Love the self-contradiction.

But Sweetheart, I couldn't possibly be wrong...Well, *huff* you know, people make mistakes *huff*...I feel sorry for her husband...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I love customers who think they're being sweet and cutsey, but...

Me: If your computer connects to the internet without the router, then I suggest you have a router issue.
      Caller: Perhaps you could take a moment and just lean over your cubicle and consult with one of your colleagues who might be a little more experienced? That's no offense to you... not everyone can be expected to know everything.
      Me: We're not going to help you set up your wireless network.
      Caller: I understand. I'll just call back and see if I can find someone who knows a little more. Thank you very, very much for your time and I'm sure that you're doing the best that you can.

Caller: My internet service hasn't worked for two months, and I want credit.
      Me: I'm showing your modem's been online for 62 days and there's been a lot of activity during that period. Plus, this is the first time you've ever called us.
      Caller: I once had an entry-level job, too, so I understand that the company doesn't allow you to make any decisions on your own. Would you be nice and connect me with your supervisor?

It's calls like that that make me enjoy "King of All Things Internet" calls all the more...

Caller: I don't the like the headline on the CNN website. Make them change it.
      Me: Okay, but it might take a couple of hours.
      Caller: Just get it done.
      Me: I will. You can count on it.
      I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

I got this more often working at the bank than anywhere else. Especially from people who think they're rich and important because they were depositing a cheque for a few grand - "Think you can handle that, dear? There's no shame in asking for help."
        I was authorized to handle transactions up to $100 000. And frankly, there's no procedural difference between a $10 deposit and a $5000 one. Its just typing in the correct figure.
        I hated sarcastic, passive-aggressive SCs. They made me angrier than the ones who yelled and cursed. At least the ones throwing a fit are being....emotionally honest. They're awful, and they might be even be verbally abusive, but there's at least some integrity there. And you can always tell yourself that they were so angry, they didn't know what they were saying.
        But maintaining a calm, quiet tone during an attempt to make someone feel inferior is...well, evil.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I hate people like that because I always end up losing my temper and then I feel like an idiot. Of course that's exactly what they want, and they can tell everyone else they were nothing but nice to you.
          It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
          -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
            It's calls like that that make me enjoy "King of All Things Internet" calls all the more...

That's just beautiful!!
            I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

I got a few of those during my stint in retail, and it always drove me up the wall.

I'll admit that the first few times, I lost my temper. But after the first three or four times, I started just being passive-agressive right back at 'em...

SC: "This DVD player NEVER worked, son. I know that you can't be expected to know how any of this stuff works, but I know something about it and can tell you how it is"

Me: (going thermo-nuclear on the inside, cooling, and slipping into Retail-Avenger on the inside...all in the space of .5 seconds)

"Sir, I'd be more than happy to do an exchange for you, but I feel I should point out that if the disc that's in the player right now was what you were trying to play, you had the disc in upside-down. Don't fret though, a lot of people make this mistake and you shouldn't be ashamed about it. One of the reasons they keep me around is to help out people who get confused by these new players (that's actually mostly true)."

SC: (turns beet red and leaves)

Me: Have a nice day sir, and please let me know if you have anymore problems with it in the future

Comment

congrats on your comic spoof tendo! This actually reminded me of a small incident a couple of weeks ago.

We got some Wii consoles in and our new Store Manager wanted one set up in the staff room for employees to use. Just quick multi-player games so it didn't affect work. My sup drafted me to help set it up. In said process of setting it up he put the disk in the wrong way twice.

About the only time I laughed at him without getting a smart ass remark thrown back at me.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth tendomentis View Post

Me: Have a nice day sir, and please let me know if you have anymore problems with it in the future
                  Isn't revenge GREAT???

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
                    That brought a happy little tear to my eye.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

lol nice to see the story behind the comic...

Comment

I can't stand customers who refer to me as "honey" or "sweetie" because their tones of voice are saying "you idiot!"
                        "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
                          So, what did you make them change it to?

Damn, that's just too funny. Great comeback there.
                          You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

I always return the favor when someone refers to me like that. It is a great way to piss off a jerk in such a way that leaves them powerless to do anything about it.

If they are claiming that they were NOT doing it to be bitchy, I can claim the same thing.

And they NEVER want to admit that they meant offense when doing it. In order to turn it back around and protest that you were treating them with disrespect, they would have to admit they were doing the same to you.

But while they'd never be able to complain to your boss about it, they always get the message. They know they've been called on their behavior.

Comment

Darlin' was always my pet name of choice to throw back when getting the honey, sweetie, baby thrown at me.
                              The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Working...
                              X