This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Early Birds

When the manager tells you that the room will be done in 15 minutes, it means exactly fifteen minutes. I have been housekeeping for almost 4 years I know how long it will take to finish a room.

Do NOT come to the door five minutes later, peer in and then yell to your waiting family that she's not done yet.

Don't stand at the doorway and stare at me, it makes me self-conscious and that might cause me to mess up

Don't stand near the door and whine about how long it's taking, it's disrespectful to me and it won't get your room done any quicker.

If you simply have to get to the hotel before check in, call ahead or mention it when making the reservation. Getting mad at us for not being psychic and having your room ready when you arrive is pretty pathetic
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

When I went to Key West several years ago, we got to the hotel early. They stashed our bags in a closet near the desk and we all went to the pool!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Would your manager get mad at you if you...um...locked them out while you got their room ready? Say, with the chain lock? I can't imagine someone staring at me while I worked! I would get really nervous and mess up, or knock over a lamp or something. (Besides, why the frack would you WANT to watch someone do up your room? Not exactly a spectator sport...maybe you could provide them with some paint that they can watch dry? )
      But I don't need a vagina. I have a pony.
      -Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Max View Post
        Would your manager get mad at you if you...um...locked them out while you got their room ready? Say, with the chain lock? I can't imagine someone staring at me while I worked!

Because you don't bring the House Keeping Carts into the rooms, they stay in the Hallway.
        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Working...
        X