Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"I know where you live." Oooh I'm so scared!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I know where you live." Oooh I'm so scared!

Before I post this story I should let everyone know that 1 of my best friends that I hang around with has a very crazy sense of humor but he is always careful not to offend anyone unless someone obviously insults him first.
    He has no car, so since I was visiting him yesterday, I offered to drive him to the nearest grocery store to pick up his Mom's medication for her. I've been in this store quite a few times and everyone, customers and employees, seem very nice and friendly, and he seems to know everyone, especially since he used to work there.
    As we were shopping, a somewhat heavyset man, probably in his late 40s or early 50s I'm guessing, blew right by us as I was looking at something and yelled out in a very rude tone, "Excuse me". Well we surely won't see him again, right? Wrong! He chose to get behind us in line. I was standing behind my best friend and looking at magazines while I waited for him.
    SC: Excuse me!
    I said nothing and politely moved out of his way. But my best friend who we shall call "M", responded in a mocking tone. Again he does this to be funny and means absolutely no harm.
    M: Excuse me!
    SC: You're a dickhead, you know that?
    M: Yeah, at least I got those 2 things, thank you.
    At first I thought since he knows alot of people in the store and since he lives in the neighborhood that M and the guy were just joking around.
    Me (whispering): Do you know this guy? Are you joking with him or being serious?
    M (whispering): No, I don't know him.
    Me (whispering): Ignore him then.
    We said nothing else to him or his wife, who I was told by M that she seemed to enjoy her husband's insults and was getting a real kick out of insulting us. M finally got done paying for his stuff and I thanked the cashier and we walked away without so much as even looking at the guy. But he just wouldn't let it go.
    SC (to M): Hey, I know where you live buddy.
    At this point, I had had enough of this asshole and I told him off.
    Me: Hey, why don't you shut up, asshole?! Come on, M, let's just leave!
    SC: Oooh!
    We did so post haste and left before he had a chance to follow us out.
    I probably shouldn't have said anything, but I'm not about to let anyone talk to my friends that way. Plus I gotta put up with that kind of abuse from customers as an employee, so I most certainly am not going to take it as a customer. What really surprises me is the way the guy was talking to us, and it made me think that he probably talks to alot of people that way, acting all macho and stuff and basically insulting anyone whenever and wherever he feels like it. I'm willing to bet that he's gotten into a fight with people before doing this stupid crap.
    What really made me laugh was the fact that he said he knew where M lived. Yeah, you really got me scared, asshole! Nevertheless, when we went outside later to meet another friend and go get something to eat, we checked our vehicles over carefully, just to make sure.
    What would you guys have done in this situation? I myself don't believe in turning the other cheek as I said before because I gotta deal with this as an employee. I gotta keep myself in check at work, but away from work, if someone tries something with me or my friends, I will throw an insult or 2 their way. If they happen to attack my friends, I'll be all over them ina heartbeat.
    Last edited by BowserKoopa1; 09-27-2010, 03:06 PM.

I think my replies would have been like so:

SC: Hey, I know where you live.
    Me: It's a shame that you're the way you are. I've known people like you. They're shallow, miserable shells of a human being, and that's on their good days. On their bad days, they're simply vile things that should just be shunned from polite company. Angry at the world for not being given the life you feel you should be given, so all you do is lash out like a helpless five year wailing for their mother when they scrape their knee. Pathetic, really.

And then walked away. Granted, I'm paying him far more attention than he deserves, ad that's what he wants on some level. But being called out and told what he's doing in front of so many people is going to leave him feeling so humiliated for a few days that it's worth it.

Comment

Me: So does that mean you'll be over in an hour to mow the lawn, weed the garden and clean out the gutters for me to apologize for being such an ass?

Comment

part of me says..

Reply: And I care because?.....

Mainly because my inner bitch knows that if SC actually makes any threats after that... you can press police charges on him. And I'm sure his wife would get a kick out of seeing her manly husband in hand cuffs

Comment

"I know where you live"

Aim cellphone at him, (regardless of whether or not you have a camera in it)
          "and now i know who to send the cops after if anything happens, have a nice day"

Comment

my response: ok what's my address?
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
              my response: ok what's my address?
              Clever. Very clever.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

my response would be

"And I know you are a hole. What of it?"
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

reply: only because that's where your wife sleeps so often.
                  It's a tough row to hoe, and I'm just the Joe to hoe it.

Comment

Quoth TheMike View Post
                    reply: only because that's where your wife sleeps so often.
                    My vote for most awesome reply!
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                    X