This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pagan View Post
    Nope. Really sick jokes. Has to do with the Rev. Jim Jones and the Chicago Tylenol poisonings.
    Won't touch it with a barge pole, then.

Dendawg, there's an old urban legend about mixing Coca-Cola with aspirin - the supposed effects range from getting high, to an aphrodisiac, to killing you. Having never heard or the Rev. Jim Jones, I was wondering if it was a version of the myth.
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
      Won't touch it with a barge pole, then.

Dendawg, there's an old urban legend about mixing Coca-Cola with aspirin - the supposed effects range from getting high, to an aphrodisiac, to killing you. Having never heard or the Rev. Jim Jones, I was wondering if it was a version of the myth.
      And I thought you were talking about like Mentos and Diet Pepsi!

Damn I dated myself, didn't I?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        Nope. Really sick jokes. Has to do with the Rev. Jim Jones and the Chicago Tylenol poisonings.
        Don't drink the kool-aid.
        Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Quoth lobo94 View Post
          Don't drink the kool-aid.
          Yeah, and beware of the Tylenol, too... only now they come pre-poisoned.

... ok, that's not quite true, but there are some seriously scary problems with J&J production control right now, and the way the corp is handling those problems...

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            And I thought you were talking about like Mentos and Diet Pepsi!

Damn I dated myself, didn't I?
            Nah, I'm a Brit, so it's not really a part of our cultural history. It made news at the time, & your hear the odd reference (usually without names) but it's not a big thing over here 'cos we had our own problems.

Also, the Mentos/coke thing is very true, & very amusing

http://www.eepybird.com/
            Last edited by greek_jester; 10-01-2010, 06:49 PM. Reason: Still can't type. And the damn word had a T in it, I know it did! I saw it! The post button swallowed it!
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
            X