This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
    Hockey; A dozen large burly men strap sharpened blades to their feet and try to beat the hell out of a chunk of frozen rubber with planks of wood.

Football; Two dozen burly men wearing more armour than the US Army try to steal a soft rubber ball and cry if they get touched.
    Don't forget, in football, they're also wearing SPANDEX REALLY manly there! (Nevermind the 5812 shots of butts you get!)
    Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Quoth xx_wolfie_xx View Post
      QFT, seriously i have dents in my 14 ga steel helm, not to mention the broken ribs, forearms and other nasty injuries that i have inflicted on my friends.
      One of my old friends has a dent in his skull because of someone from the SCA.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        For whatever reason, a lot of people have a really hard time with the r-y combination. I think part of it is they try to pronounce the r harder than it should be which necessitates the extra syllable, when if you shift it softer and a bit more towards the l sound, it's much easier. *shrug*

^-.-^
        Yeah; it's quite funny sometimes when there's more complex names that people can pronounce, yet they can't pronounce a three letter name. XD

And remember what I said about the fangirls.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          Except that those playing Everywhere Else Football don't wear all that armor.
          And you aren't allowed to go after the other players directly. You MUST be going for the ball. (You are, however, sometimes allowed to try to go through the other players).

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
          At my school, we weren't allowed to play football (soccer) cuz it was unladylike. So, instead, they put bigass wooden sticks in our hands... yeah, that's some fine logic there.
          I've been told that there are places where field hockey isn't considered a girly sport. It boggles my mind. (After all, guys are macho enough to not need sticks when beating each other up ).

Comment

Working...
          X