Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm amazed that one copy has made it to our library AND it's on request for me, so I don't feel bad about snatching it out of the delivery box and reading a bit of it on my lunch break

Oh, and there's definitely trouble on the horizon, because it seems that the Cataloging Department linked some of the books as YA Fiction (3 week loan) and some of them as Hot Pick Bestsellers (1 week loan/no renewals). Now how am I going to explain to the patrons that only some of them can check it out for 3 weeks?! It's just SO unfair, and, of course, not a peep from whoever came up with that idea on why they did it that way and how to handle it when someone has a problem with it. *sigh*

UPDATE 7/21/07: Well, I complained to the bigwigs and they fixed it ... all HP books are now loaned for 3 weeks. Yay! No complaints now. Well, except for the fact that we have only one copy in the library and it's on hold for a patron (since I read it already hee hee!).
    Last edited by Ill_Used_Heroine; 07-21-2007, 06:34 PM.
    I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Refer any complaints to whoever came up with that bright idea.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

i went to the release party last night, and only 4 of us dressed (including me and my friend) see my rant in this forum.

it was kind of a lame party, they did give out freebies, and my friend won a book for answering a trivia question, i think she did all of her give aways near us since we were dressed and no one else was lol so we got first shot at the question.

they didnt have the great snape debate though i was pretty bummed not to beable to participate in that one.
        "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Quoth Fera Festiva View Post
          This is the first time that I have both Friday night and all of Saturday to myself. Every HP before now I've either been working or had to hang out with the boyfriend's family - and usually ended up being spoiled by a) some wanker who decided to yell the ending, b) idiotic news coverage, or c) someone I was hanging around with just happening to mention, "Ooh, Dumbledore dies, doesn't he?"

This time, I'm picking up my book, going straight home and not talking to anyone for at least 36 hours.
          I ordered mine online, so this morning I got up early and sat on the front step waiting for the post lady. Then I spent the entire day blissfully immersed I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. It's bittersweet to come to the end of the series.

I haven't been online for two days and told all my friends in all seriousness that I's never speak to them again if they told me spoilers. That's just plain MEAN and I don't know why people do that. I won't say anything except that Rowling does not disappoint with her eye for human detail and a powerful, resonant, and courageously told story.

Comment

I asked my boss Thursday if I could read during my shift Saturday if I hadn't finished it yet. He gave me permission. Didn't need it though because I finished it in 12 hours, during which drove home, read for 2 hours, slept for 6 and a half hours and read for another 3. All told 5, to 5 and half hours of reading.
            I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Working...
            X