This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth draftermatt View Post
    .......calls and says "I'm on the way"........
    I did that once for someone and never will again. He called about twenty minutes before close and said, "Please stay a couple of minutes! I'll be right there!" I think, "What's a couple of minutes? No big deal." Sure. 40 minutes later I said "Fuck it" and went home. He apparently showed up shortly after that and found a locked door, because he called the general manager on Monday and complained. I explained and the GM was OK with it, but I learned something that day. No good deed goes unpunished.
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth JenCdn View Post
      I understand the last minute purchaser dilemma. We frequently get people coming in at 2 minutes to close with HUGE orders. And, I'm not familiar with Best Buy, but is there a sign you can put up at that stage of your shift saying you can only accept credit/debit transactions? If I were a customer and your register is open, I would assume my money would be good in any form. Maybe I'm asking too much?
      Are there other registers open that accept cash payments?
      Apologies, again, but this sounds like a bad way to do business. Obviously, not your personal policy (you are only doing things the way the store does them).

Please sign me as Queen Douche if I'm wrong.
      I can accept cash up until the time my till gets pulled for the count out. If we close at 9 and my till gets pulled when I'm stocking something at 8:55, I have no control over that. Usually another person is working the registers and can accept cash past that, but is it too much to ask that people NOT come to the store 2 minutes before we close and expect to make a HUGE cash transaction?

Comment

I think you misunderstood me. I don't disagree with your point of view on last minute shoppers.
        All I meant was if you can't accept all forms of payment then the store policy should be to either have a sign or close that register completely. Let the customers go to another register that can process all payment types.
        You shouldn't have to deal with irate customer's because your store has unrealistic policies.
        Therefore the anger is better directed at management than the customer who thinks they can pay when they can't, based on store policy.
        Putting aside of course the fact that they showed up 2 minutes before close.

Comment

The thing is, we don't have till lights or signs or anything like that. Usually I'm 10 ft away stocking sodas or candy...if the line gets too long for one person to handle (as it invariably does) I have to drop what I'm doing, roll under the barracade all commando-style and say "I'll take who's next! Credit or debit purchases only!" and BOY do people get pissd off. "Why don't you accept cash?" "Cos I don't have any, sir, and I SERIOUSLY DOUBT you have exact change unless the $30 purchase you're paying for with the $100 ncludes a $70 tip for me"

Comment

Working...
          X