This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid library kids!

Okay, so I work in a public library. In the children's room. we open at 10am today.

We got 18 copies of Harry. people rush in. by 10:20, they're all gone, except for two audio books. kids grab them.

then a clerk brings them both back to the children's room. the kids don't want them. They thought they were the MOVIE version.

Susan

Wow ... kids are usually more savvy than that! It's usually the 50+ year olds, IME, that I've had that kind of thing with.

"Do you have blah blah blah movie?"

"Uh ... no, it's playing in the theatres, right now."

"Well, will it be in tomorrow?"

*very patiently* "It's in the theatres at this time ... we might have an available copy in, perhaps, 6 months to a year, depending on how well it does at the box office."

"I have to wait THAT long???!!!"

*sigh*
    I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Quoth Ill_Used_Heroine View Post
      "Uh ... no, it's playing in the theatres, right now."

"Well, will it be in tomorrow?"

*very patiently* "It's in the theatres at this time ... we might have an available copy in, perhaps, 6 months to a year, depending on how well it does at the box office."

*sigh*
      I was getting that from the old farts before "300" even opened! I even told one once that they'd have to take it up with the studio that produced the movie.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        I was getting that from the old farts before "300" even opened! I even told one once that they'd have to take it up with the studio that produced the movie.
        Sucky Customer: This is madness!
        Spartan Employee: Madness? This is RETAIL!!!! *BOOT*
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
          Sucky Customer: This is madness!
          Spartan Employee: Madness? This is RETAIL!!!! *BOOT*

(Important question: why don't more stores have a bottomless pit in them?
          "Your feedback is important to us!! Please address your complaint to our oubliette." *BOOT*)
          But I don't need a vagina. I have a pony.
          -Gravekeeper

Comment

I want a tube, like Mr Burns has, that leads to that club with all the men ordering the unlucky victim to dance.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

I suppose these people don't know how movie theatres work.

"You go and pay them for a ticket. Then you get to sit in a big room with a big screen and watch the movie!"

Comment

"If you're too cheap to buy a ticket, then yes."
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

People don't want to wait

In January I mentioned to a friend that a movie presently playing should be available on DVD in September so I was adding it to my list of movies to rent for when I go up to the cabin for a week.

They were shocked that I was willing to wait so long before seeing it. To me a cabin in the middle of nowhere, just me, no phones, no roads, no interruptions, this is the perfect place to watch the films of my choice in peace and quiet. Is that so hard to understand?

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                    To me a cabin in the middle of nowhere, just me, no phones, no roads, no interruptions, this is the perfect place to watch the films of my choice in peace and quiet. Is that so hard to understand?
                    What kind of movie was this? Your solitude seems pretty important.

Just kidding; that sounds like a very nice and relaxing time.

Comment

Best one I had. I was stocking 24: season 4 and it was out for maybe 2 weeks at this point, so it's in the summer lull for TV shows. On the case, it has a sticker that says to watch season 5 this fall. I got a moron coming up

L=Me!
                      M is for moron

M: Do you have season 5?
                      L: <looking for the camera> No...
                      M: Well why not?
                      L: Because season 4 just finished and they probably haven't even started taping season 5 yet.
                      M: Well when will you get it in?
                      L: Probably this time next year, when season 5 finishes.
                      M: Well this is ridiculous! Why should I have to wait that long! This is stupid.
                      L: No, stupid is expecting a TV season on DVD before it's even taped.

The Moron didn't get the insult and went off in a huff. A nearby customer did though and it took a lot to keep his composure.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                      X