This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My poor brain cells...

So it's a normal day at the gym...it's a pretty quiet and easy going day when this woman suddenly stomps up to me.
    SC = Woman
    Me =

SC: My locker was broken into, and I distinctly remember locking it before I left last night! My earphones and cycling shoes are missing and I demand you replace them!
    Me: I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but the signing of your locker service contract freed us from liability when it comes to lost, damaged or stolen property. I'll be sure to report the incident to management.
    SC: Well what good will reporting it do if nothing is gonna be replaced?! Are they gonna watch the surveillance tapes?
    Me: Um..we don't have surveillance cameras in the locker rooms, for obvious reasons.
    SC: Well what do you people do when this sort of thing happens?
    Me: Well, when I report the incident, management will pull a list of everybody who checked into the gym yesterday. If a similar incident occurs to somebody else, we'll pull that day's list, and compare the two to see if a certain member is here at the time of both incidents. From there, we can begin investigating. Since we have signs stating that we're not responsible for any stolen, lost or damaged property, and you also signed the release form in your contract, that's the best we can do.
    SC: Well, fine then, go ahead and report it. I hope they get caught!
    Me: As do I. I'll just need your name, membership number and locker number to complete my report.
    SC: *gives me aforementioned info and continues speaking as I fill out the report* I still wanna know how someone managed to get in my locker!
    Me: You're sure you locked it?
    SC: Yes!
    Me: What type of lock is it?
    SC: Combination!
    Me: Nobody else knows your combination number?
    SC: No!
    Me: *pausing and debating whether I should ask*...did you remove the sticker from the back of the lock that reads your combination code?
    SC: ..................

I submitted the report, and she was an for the rest of our interaction.

I don't know whether to or
    Last edited by White_Knight1989; 07-22-2007, 01:52 AM.

Priceless.

Please tell me there's usually a notice on combination lock packaging that advises the consumer to remove the sticker.
    I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Quoth Ill_Used_Heroine View Post
      Please tell me there's usually a notice on combination lock packaging that advises the consumer to remove the sticker.
      Not that i've seen, though it's probably necessary.

Soon, we'll have to have signs explaining how to convert oxygen into carbon dioxide.

Comment

haha More alternated signs every 2 feet:

Inhale

Exhale

Inhale

Exhale
        I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

And that would only work IF they choose to read them!

Knowing how rarely people actually read signs nowadays, i'm afraid they would be dropping like flies!

Comment

I am not saying I am glad her locker was broken into because I do not condone crime, but that story was very very funny!

Comment

Quoth White_Knight1989 View Post
              And that would only work IF they choose to read them!

Knowing how rarely people actually read signs nowadays, i'm afraid they would be dropping like flies!
              This comic comes to mind...
              It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Working...
              X