Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't be bothered to translate Bitch....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't be bothered to translate Bitch....

My side of the conversation....like I said, I can't be bothered to translate Bitch interlaced in Standard American English.

"Hello, (Bookstore), how may I be of service?.......*bitch bitch bitch bitch*......Okay, and you......*bitch bitch bitch bitch*.......what?.......*bitch bitch bitch bitch*.......Ma'am, calm down, you're...*bitch bitch bitch bitch*...Ma'am, you understand that...*bitch bitch bitch bitch*....You're the 5th person today to point that out...*bitch bitch bitch bitch*...You know what Ma'am, I can't speak for my companies actions, but instead of complaining about the huge price discrepancy to me, which I have no control over, howabout you just buy the book there and forget about your reservation? We have over XXXX reservations, and we're having a hard time trying to find those that come in. So buy your book there, and I am sure that (store) will gladly accept your....*bitch bitch bitch bitch*...Well Ma'am, also, it's best you don't yell at the top of your lungs while in said store, cause I can hear that store's intercom over your voice. Have a nice day. *Slams phone*"

Just glad I got the phone call at the deserted info desk and no customers were around. Oh, did I mention this was over Harry Potter?

Given that "book" was mentioned a few times, that was a safe assumption.

Very good book by the way.
    Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
      Oh, did I mention this was over Harry Potter?
      You didn't have to

The library was dead today, and not one person (thank goodness) came in expecting to get a copy. We only had one, anyway, and it was on hold for a patron. I certainly hope we get a few more, considering there were over 700 requests placed.
      I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
        Oh, did I mention this was over Harry Potter?
        Sweetie, you didn't have to. Only a "major marketing event" like that can drive customers to such glorious heights of irrational frenzy.
        But I don't need a vagina. I have a pony.
        -Gravekeeper

Comment

Customers don't seem to understand that WE do not set the prices, the publishers do. I'm always having people bitching at me because they think our prices are too high ($15 for a paperback book? Oh the humanity!). I tell them if they don't like they can go to Wal-Mart, which has investors and boards of directors stockholders and things like that, which make it possible to sell things more cheaply than an independent bookstore. Enjoy your cheap book bought in a soul-less environment!

One guy returned his Harry Potter book because he could get it $15 cheaper at Target. On the return form under "Reason for Return" he wrote "inappropriately priced". That story amused everyone working that day.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

My only complaint for the bookstore where SO and I had our reservation was that they had tons of posters and wands leftover, but would only give us the posters. I love glow in the dark stuff. *pout*
            Random conversation:
            Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
            DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
              One guy returned his Harry Potter book because he could get it $15 cheaper at Target. On the return form under "Reason for Return" he wrote "inappropriately priced". That story amused everyone working that day.
              There were a few comments how the bookstore I'm associated with's prices were higher than the other chain bookstores in the area (we only gave 20% off). But paying a little more for a HIGHLY superior party and being home and reading before half the other people paying less have even gotten their book? That's worth more than the $7-15 you would have saved. You didn't pay just for the book, you paid for the experience. If you don't care about the rest, just go somewhere and get the book cheap, fine by us. We have plenty of fans who want to celebrate coming to our store!

Comment

We had the book for 40% off. Target had it for about a dollar less than BN's member price. I am up to chapter 11, I think. I expect to be finished by tomorrow night (well, maybe Tuesday, since I don't plan to lug the thing into work with me where I'd only have about a half hour to read, anyway).

My friend told me that a friend of hers told her how it ended.

"With a period."

Ha. Ha.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

My brother told me yesterday that he saw HP7 at Frye's for about $18. I told him I didn't mind, I was happy to have paid $25 each for the two I bought, because I was supporting a little comic shop that I love--they hook me up with all the books I need/want, will special order and give me discounts when I buy bunches, so why shouldn't I support them?
                  "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

You should have told her the spoilers over the phone, if you were really evil.
                    "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Quoth ShadedWings View Post
                      Given that "book" was mentioned a few times, that was a safe assumption.

Very good book by the way.
                      "book"?
                      I'm not about to get into a Harry Potter debate, but how is it a "book"?

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                        "book"?
                        I'm not about to get into a Harry Potter debate, but how is it a "book"?
                        Uhhh, because it is a book?
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
                          You should have told her the spoilers over the phone, if you were really evil.
                          I totally agree. Something along the lines of:

You: "Would you prefer the less expensive version of the book?"
                          Her: "That's why I called to *bitch bitch bitch* after all!"
                          You: "Okay. I have it for you right here."
                          Then proceed to tell her who dies and what happens in the last chapter.

It's fast. It's free. Isn't that what EVERY SC wants? Isn't that 100% Customer Service?
                          The Closest to Perfection a Person Ever Comes is When He Fills Out a Job Application Form

Comment

I can't see why people are complaining about the price of Harry Potter. It's Hardcover and it's long, and it has a nice cover to it. Death of a Salesman is about 100 pages long, and almost $20 whenever I look for it. I spend hundreds on books each week. I'm buying 200 page books for $30. And if you want a real reason to complain, look for certain books by H.L. Mencken, they are an upwards of $100 a piece, and he's my favorite journalist/muckraker/sarcastic writer. Sadly I have none of his memoirs, or writings because I can never find them, and I never have $100+ handy. The Harry Potter people have no reason to complain to people like myself who search for obscure books. Speaking of, I was tempted to buy the Original copy of Lolita, 2 book series from Olympia Press in French, for $1,500. Temptation almost got me, but looking back on it, I really wish I bought it. It would have been 2 months pay well spent.
                            It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
                            ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Quoth Aldous View Post
                              I'm buying 200 page books for $30. And if you want a real reason to complain, look for certain books by H.L. Mencken, they are an upwards of $100 a piece, and he's my favorite journalist/muckraker/sarcastic writer.
                              I have the same problem with Compton MacKenzie! Most of the copies of "Whiskey Galore" that I can find start around $40.
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X