Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't be bothered to translate Bitch....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
    You should have told her the spoilers over the phone, if you were really evil.
    Like how Voldermort becomes President of the United States?

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
      My brother told me yesterday that he saw HP7 at Frye's for about $18. I told him I didn't mind, I was happy to have paid $25 each for the two I bought, because I was supporting a little comic shop that I love--they hook me up with all the books I need/want, will special order and give me discounts when I buy bunches, so why shouldn't I support them?
      I like the way you think.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I hadn't even planned on buying it. My best friend has had it on pre-order for some time, and had already announced that she would have her nose stuck in a book once the mail came in on Saturday. I stopped by Fred Meyers to get some pop & other goodies, and they had a table stacked with them for 40% off
        ($20.99). After all the hype, I just walked up to the table, selected the one I wanted, and had it in my truck at 9 AM. Her mail didn't even come until that afternoon. At least I didn't call her that morning and tell her what I had.
        That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

I was prepared to pay the list price for HP7, which is $34.99, because I was getting it at the grocery store. I was VERY willing to pay this price if it meant I could avoid the crowds, confusion and frustration of Wal-Mart, Borders, whereever. I suspected that not too many people would even think to reserve their copy at the grocery.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was one of only about 10-15 people who showed up at the grocery store for it and that it was priced at a modest $21.99. The grocery store is directly across the street from my home and I was home and reading by 12:15am.
          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
          HellGate: London

Comment

One of my buds bought it at a grocery store for ten bucks off, got six, and went and sold them to people at the end of the line at a local bookstore for forty dollars more.
            Every Time I help a customer, I feel dirty inside.

Also cold and wet.

Sticky, too.

Comment

Pricey books

HP may seem expensive now, but the price will drop quickly. I am going to bide my time until my friends have read the book and then borrow it from one of them. At the current rate people consume HP they should be done by 3pm.

People who know books know that they are expensive, and that a book that you really really want will be even more. When I was working a more flush job than I am now I just HAD to have a copy of "The Wasp Factory" by Iain Banks. I knew that I was paying more than I wanted to but brokers charge extra when they have to hunt down something that was published on another continent!

Think about the expense of textbooks. It's not just $120 for a boring economics text. When I was in school my lab group tried to talk our advisor into buying "Protein Transcription in Eukaryotes" from Cold Spring Harbor press. It was over a grand. The professor wasn't entirely convinced that we needed it for our research project.
              "Them boys ain't zombies! They're just stupid!"

Comment

Quoth Aldous View Post
                Death of a Salesman is about 100 pages long, and almost $20 whenever I look for it.
                I think I have a copy of that around here somewhere. It was in a bag of books that a coworker gave me.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm an evil, evil person.

Saturday night, I went to Wal-Mart to get some pain pills for my husband. (Massive back pain from a guy that doesn't even like to take Tylenol. The fact that he was rooting around in my part of the bathroom looking for some says something about how much pain he was in.)

I saw a college student walking down the registers, holding a copy of HP7. I almost looked her in the eyes and blurted out "Harry dies." Just to see her reaction. But I didn't. But the temptation was there.

Disclaimer: I haven't read HP7, or any other HP volume (waiting for the super deluxe foil wrapped bound in virgin calf skin box set that you know is going to be released a month or two). So I don't know whether or not it happens. Don't kill me! I bit my tongue just in time!
                  A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Somehow I assumed it was Harry Potter even before you said so.
                    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Working...
                    X