Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh drunken jerkface...(an open letter)

Dear Drunken Disgruntled Customer:

First of all, might I say thank you to you for runing my perfectly decient night? For once, there were no people cussing at me for the menu prices or over their desire for a booth or a table. However, that all changed upon you and your pary of nine's materialization at the front door.

Could you not see that the entire restuarant was packed? Could you also miss the dirty tables covered in dirty napkins and filthy plates from a previous party of 11? Oh my dear friend, you overlooked it quite easily. You also managed to overlook the part where there was one of me (hostess) on the floor and only one server on the floor to take care of 40+ guests at once.

However, you felt it was your right to interrupt me, while taking care of a customer who was on their way out, with your filthy mouth. I could obviously see that there was a line forming at the door. Thanks. It doesn't take a genius to spot the signs of a late night crowd. However, it does take time to seat that many of you. Your rude comment of "Why are you taking care of those people first? We've been here forever waiting for your lazy ass to come and take care of us!!!!" doesn't inspire me to rush to your aide. Nor does your incessant badgering over the five minutes it takes me to clear out the line at the till.

Every time you repeated, "are you going to SEAT us!?!?" and I had to look into your bloodshot eyes, I internally added an extra five minutes to torture you. Unfortuantely, it didn't work out that way in real life.

Can I just say, oh my drunken jerkface, that your hovering didn't help anything? I had about twenty plates and spilled syrup to clean up off the table. I'm sorry I couldn't do it at mock speed in order to appease you. Really, I wish I could have kicked your sorry butt out of the Restuarant for talking to me the way you did. Nobody calls me lazy. Nobody. And how dare you, a complete stranger with your stupid posse of fellow drunken hicks and spoiled children, tell me that I am.

Likewise, you jerk, if you EVER hover over me while I am cleaning a table again, I will insure that you help me. Or eat the rag full of bleachy water and the last kid's chewed up food he decided to leave as a gift for me.

Finally I told you to sit down, when really I wanted to kick your sorry butt out of the place. It was against my better judgement that I gave you menus....and against my better judgement that I stood there and endured more of your rude commentary about me like a true professional.

Simply put: people like you are why I hate my job.

How dare you cuss me out in front of your five year old child, telling me that I should have brought you all menus faster/sat you faster/how you waited forever/blah blah blah. Way to set an example for your kid. The worst part is that you are breeding more crappy members of society like yourself. I am ashamed, because people like you exemplify stereotypes that are usually and mostly untrue. It is insulting to the rest of us who don't judge you based on race. I am judging you on behavior, and your behavior is horrific.

Thank everything holy you didn't ask for a beer, because then I would have to call you out on your drunkenness. Wait...then I could have thrown you out. And as your visit progressed, I would have loved to toss you ass first out the door. Don't you dare treat me or my coworkers like crap. We hate people like you.

I was never more happy to see a table go. But I have your name. And I know who you are. If I ever see you again, you're going to get tossed out that door so fast it will make your head spin. And nobody is going to miss you and your horrible behavior.

Oh Drunken Jerkface, please go rot in your stinky beer-infested pit by yourself. Just don't reproduce again. And stop teaching your kid how to become a loser like yourself. And, by the way: go straight to hell. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if you got there and complained because you had to wait an extra five minutes just to get in.
    check out my new blog!!!!

http://pitofdespairblog.blogspot.com/

feel free to comment/send me the links to your blog!

Should I print this out and anonymously leave this at random restaurants?

Comment

Was a tip left?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

That guy was a horrendous entitled jerk AND drunk...in front of his kid? AND passing down the wisdom of SCism?

That child is DOOMED.

As are we all.
        But I don't need a vagina. I have a pony.
        -Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
          Should I print this out and anonymously leave this at random restaurants?
          Not random.... Syrup suggests breakfast. Not many places do breakfast at night.... Cracker Barrel, Dennys.... Start there.

Comment

Why?

If you were so packed, why did you even let them in? Or is this that the rest of the nine people were ok and it is only this man you are banning in the future?

Comment

Oh, how I feel your pain.

The customers aren't necessarily worse at restaurants, but they certainly seem that way. Probably because we have to spend three hours catering to their every whim instead of the five minutes it takes to check someone out in a retail store. And we have to depend on their tips to put food on our own tables.

I left waitressing when I realized that I started to hate people. Like really hate them.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                Not random.... Syrup suggests breakfast. Not many places do breakfast at night.... Cracker Barrel, Dennys.... Start there.
                You're right, I do work in a place that is a lot like Denny's...but it's a smaller west coast chain of restuarants.

And, to answer why I still let them in: it's my manager's policy. She told me I don't have the right to kick anyone out, and if I did, I would be fired. Even when the guy was cussing me out, I was pretty powerless. I don't care if I would be fired, honestly, because I shouldn't have to stand there and continue to take this guy's harassment. If he appears at that front door ever again (intoxicated or not) I am kicking him out.

And Beckysunshine, nope. No tip. I wasn't even their waitress, but the guy felt like the place had done them some kind of horrific wrong. I suspect he told his friends (who were fairly well-behaved) not to do so. Or else, I think he might have paid the whole check. Regardless, after my encounter with this asshat, I stayed the hell away from him.

Yes....he was helping shape his children into the SCs of the future. We are doomed. By the time his kids grow up, I don't plan on being in my current line of work anymore.
                check out my new blog!!!!

http://pitofdespairblog.blogspot.com/

feel free to comment/send me the links to your blog!

Comment

He was drunk, hrmm, watch him leave, see if he gets behind the wheel, call in car to 911

SMILE!

Did that a few times when I worked a hotel front desk and dealt with drunken guests. Oops, I need to get something out of my truck (where my cell phone was), call 911 and call in the plate and make/model/color of he car.

I HATE drunks.

Comment

Your manager sounds just like mine. I feel your pain of having to put up with bull crap, when you should be able to refuse their service. Managers need to stop being so high and mighty, and let us refuse service to some of these assholes.
                    It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
                    ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Is is your manager's policy or corporates? Because there are good arguments for not allowing jerks like this in.
                      I used to work the "drunk shift" at a 24hr diner and we for sure could kick out the beligerent drunks. The reasoning - it was busy enough, no worries about the table not filling, we had a lot of sober shift workers at the same time - they didn't deserve to have to sit next to these jerks - why make loyal customers unhappy?
                      The drunks were also most likely to "dine and dash" (or at least attempt it).
                      Last edited by auntiem; 07-23-2007, 09:33 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure where you are but up here in bc I can refuse service for any reason not related to race or sex.

If I was fired for it I can take them up with unlawful firing.
                        I've only excersied it a few times.

Like the woman who smelled so bad I actually threw up after.
                        Or the man whoes first words were "I still don't see why women should be alowed to work"
                        And of course the man screaming at me because we ran out of blue lighters. He had to be carried out after I refused to serve him. That ass-hat.

Comment

Quoth cloudiko View Post
                          Really, I wish I could have kicked your sorry butt out of the Restuarant for talking to me the way you did. Nobody calls me lazy. Nobody.
                          I actually have kicked someone out for calling me lazy. Twice.
                          You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Working...
                          X