Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*sigh* Could you stop leering for just a moment so I can pay you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *sigh* Could you stop leering for just a moment so I can pay you?

What is it with Mobil stations and sightings? This isn't the same one I usually frequent, but nonetheless.....

Stopped in for a Fountain Dew. Total was $1.05. I fished out 4 quarters and a dime and tried to hand them to the clerk who was busy staring out the window.....and staring....and staring....and staring some more. The whole time his hand was drifting around and presenting a moving target, which was particularly annoying because I'd just had a strong drink at dinner (no, I wasn't driving). When he finally held his hand still long enough for me to drop the coins into it, he dropped one of them. This seemed to snap him back to reality.

Clerk: Hey, do you have pennies?

Me: Uh...yeah....

I hadn't given him any because I don't like giving people loads of change, and it was bad enough that I'd already given him 5 coins; I didnt' want to give him 9.

Clerk: Give me some.

What? No "please?" No "I'll take some because I need them?"

I counted off 5 pennies and handed them to him, and rather than hand me the dime back, he let me pluck it out of his sweaty paw.

Gee, thanks.

Didn't get a "have a nice night" or any other pleasantries either.

As I walked back out to the car, I discovered that he'd been distracted by the well-endowed woman at the pumps. Dude, I don't care if you like to stare at women outside the window, but could you at least do your job first?

Not hugely sucky, but annoying.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

But if he did his job he might have missed it.

(half-sarcastic, half-serious)
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
      ... The whole time his hand was drifting around and presenting a moving target..
      You're lucky it didn't finish drifting... in his pants.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I read the title of this post and thought, way to go Dave.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

lol; no breaks for dave, sadly.

ergh; too bad you couldn't whistle at this moron, seems like he needed a strong attention getting.

yah, the pants *horf*
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            I read the title of this post and thought, way to go Dave.
            If only!
            "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

What a dork. At least learn some stealth if you're going to check someone out like that.

If you're staring that hard that people around you are noticing, you're doing it wrong and you look dumb.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I'd have told the woman that the dude was staring at her.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  I'd have told the woman that the dude was staring at her.

^-.-^
                  telling her the sky is blue probably would have been just as shocking to hear.
                  Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                    ergh; too bad you couldn't whistle at this moron, seems like he needed a strong attention getting.
                    I would have said something. Something like "Hey asshole, you have customers."
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I have managers like this. They will literally shove a cashier out of the way to take the order of someone with enough boobies.

Comment

Quoth Sleepwalker View Post
                        I have managers like this. They will literally shove a cashier out of the way to take the order of someone with enough boobies.
                        As a short busty person I get into another line if I have time or stare the other person down until the first person comes back. Unless it's something like the first person was going on break or something. I don't care if the person trying to serve me in a manager or not I don't do well with rude people. Nor do I do well with people talking to the twins instead of me. Talk to them all you like, you won't be meeting them.
                        Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          You're lucky it didn't finish drifting... in his pants.
                          I was thinking the same thing.

Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                          X