This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffet Restaurants - again!

I took the kids to Cici's Pizza last night. Good pizza at cheap prices, especially since it was under $10 with coupons.

Scenario number one: Lady with her cell phone texting the entire time. She and her husband were directly in front of me, and the entire time she was on that phone texting away. Then, it took forever for them to pay because other friends were joining them, but they didn't know how many it was. "Well, it's five, no wait, now they're saying six. Uh, no now it's seven being Aunt Marge is coming." When they finally paid, and after I paid, we found a table, then I proceeded to get the kids their drinks. At the drink counter, Texting Lady was there with the phone in her right hand, using her thumb to do the texting, and in her left had was her drink. She had an awful time getting her ice and then filling it with the soda she wanted. Later on, after I brought the kids their drinks, I proceeded to the pizza bar, where, you guessed! Texting Lady was, right at the dishes! Left hand had the plate, right one with the phone and still thumbing away. And, difficult time getting the pizza cutter to get the slices she wanted, and holding up others behind her so she could continue her texting. Later, when she was sitting, that phone never left her right hand, and she actually ate and drank with the left.
    From there on, I made sure she was at her table before getting more to eat or drink.

Scenario number two: Four high school kids. These guys were already seated when my kids and I entered, and were there when we were ready to leave. Funny thing was this: Two of them each got what looked like a dozen slices each on one plate each. Then, near the end when we were about to leave, two of their friends waltzed in, walked over to their table, sat down, and started eating their pizza! This Cici's actually has two entrances, and one exit. However, the two entrances are doors side by side, and sometimes the lines get crowded to where people can walk in, blend in, and then sneak in. This is what these two girls did, and you never saw them actually pay (which you have to do first before you sit down there). I'm pretty sure this also is a way to sneak by with the exit. You wait until someone leaves, then come in that way, and then sit down.

It's as I've said. Buffet restaurants are neat, but the patrons are rude, inconsiderate, and, as the second scenario states, thieves!

Ugh. I make a point of being rude to people who can't put their ing phones down long enough to, say, refill their drink glass.

As for the two girls, I'd have totally gone straight to an employee about that. I can't abide liars and thieves when I have the opportunity to rat 'em out.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Cici's.....Man, there's not a CiCi's within 20 miles of me--I'd have to take two freeways to get to the nearest one! But their alfredo pizza would be worth it... *drooooooooool*

Comment

Sadly, whenever there is a cheap buffet like that, you will get every fuckwit dreg of society clogging up the aisles, screaming at each other, and generally making your time there as miserable as possible. I enjoy CiCi's food. I do not enjoy the clientele.

CiCi you later !!
        Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

I was at Led Robster last night (birthday dinner!!!) and heard in the next booth over our waitress speaking with her other charges; apparently, the parents had ordered the endless shrimp, used an empty salad plate (their included appetizer) and was sharing it with their teenie-bopper daughter.
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth NiennasMaid View Post
            Cici's.....Man, there's not a CiCi's within 20 miles of me--I'd have to take two freeways to get to the nearest one! But their alfredo pizza would be worth it... *drooooooooool*
            I keep hearing how great this place is (and have even seen their ads on national TV) but we don't have one in this area of the country, at all.

No fair

Well, we only got a Sonic last year, maybe some day....... sigh

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

I believe there is one by my parents' house. I hear they're good, just haven't gone there.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                I keep hearing how great this place is (and have even seen their ads on national TV) but we don't have one in this area of the country, at all.
                They are really good. I used to go there constantly to gorge on pizza when I lived in kansas

Well, we only got a Sonic last year, maybe some day....... sigh
                also very good
                Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  glass.

As for the two girls, I'd have totally gone straight to an employee about that. I can't abide liars and thieves when I have the opportunity to rat 'em out.

^-.-^
                  Easy for us to say that, but actually doing it would be a different matter. You just don't know what these kids are capable of these days.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                    the parents had ordered the endless shrimp, used an empty salad plate (their included appetizer) and was sharing it with their teenie-bopper daughter.
                    Sharing food with people at your table is bad? My family and I are huge SCs, then, because there's pretty much no such thing as *not* sharing food with everyone at the table. Especially if it's something that is 'ohmygosh so good, you absolutely must try this!!' Also, when we're at Thai restaurants, we do everything family style (order a bunch of entrees and everyone gets a little bit from each plate). I hadn't realized this was a bad thing.
                    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                      Sharing food with people at your table is bad?
                      If it is a buffet or "all you can eat" and the sharer hasn't paid, yes, then you are cheating the restaurant. If everybody paid for the buffet or has ordered different meals, then it's part of eating out.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                        If it is a buffet or "all you can eat" and the sharer hasn't paid, yes, then you are cheating the restaurant. If everybody paid for the buffet or has ordered different meals, then it's part of eating out.
                        Ahh. That makes sense, then.
                        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                          Easy for us to say that, but actually doing it would be a different matter. You just don't know what these kids are capable of these days.
                          Well, I'd have done it. I'm a little lacking in self-preservation at times.

Like the time I talked smack to some wannabe tough-guy at the bus stop for dumping the tobacco from his blunts all over the ground instead of walking the three feet to the trash receptacle. He kept calling me names and threatening to sic his girlfriend on me the next day.

There was a happy ending on that one, though. There was a high school kid working on a project who had been dropping bits of paper under the bench this whole time, and he ended up picking up all of the stray paper bits and throwing them into the trash can.

Sharing food with people at your table is bad?
                          Sharing anything that is "all you can eat" is bad. If you've all paid for the buffet, then share away. If all you do is give someone a taste of your "all you can eat" dish, that's usually ok, too. But letting someone eat all they want from an "all you can eat" dish without paying for an "all you can eat" dish is theft.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                            also very good
                            Not as good as In N' Out or Carl's Jr. though.

Comment

Sharing food with people at your table is bad? My family and I are huge SCs, then, because there's pretty much no such thing as *not* sharing food with everyone at the table. Especially if it's something that is 'ohmygosh so good, you absolutely must try this!!' Also, when we're at Thai restaurants, we do everything family style (order a bunch of entrees and everyone gets a little bit from each plate). I hadn't realized this was a bad thing.
                              What you're talking about is not sucky. Everyone orders and pays for a meal in your examples.

But for one person to order, and then a second to eat off the first person's plate without paying for anything, that is sucky. Restaurants are a small profit margin business; they can't afford to feed two people for the price of one.

Sometimes if I'm not hungry, I'll order a drink. But I don't eat off the other person's plate.
                              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X