This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying Customer at Gamestop

Or Hockey isn't a real sport. I was in line in front of this guy who was ranting and raving about how "hockey isn't a real sport" because I was buying NHL 11 which is pretty good. I am enjoying it. He tried to convince me that I wasn't a "real man" because I don't watch football or play Madden. I am like whatever at that point. It got to the point where he tried to take my copy of NHL 11 out of my hands and place it back on the shelf. I wound up moving my hand quick enough before he could attempt that and he got angry at me. By that point, I was the next to be served and I paid for my copy of NHL 11 and WWE Legends of Wrestlemania. Go figure. I would have thought he would be bitching about me buying a pro wrestling game because that is usually what happens. I never moved so fast in my life to get out of the store.

If hockey isn't a man's sport, why is there so much violence in Slap Shot, and so much crying in Remember The Titans?
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Let's see... blades, sticks, and chunks of rubber flying at 100 mph... I'd say hockey is more of a sport than hand-egg.....
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

The only time someone tried to take a game from me was when I bought MGS 3, it was the last copy in the store and they wanted it. The jackass even said girls don't play shooters and tried again, I ran to the counter and paid for my game and I heard the guy say that it looked stupid anyway.
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

hockey isn't a real sport?

if you need action to make is a sport remember....
          Quoth quoted for truth
          i went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.

Comment

Hockey; A dozen large burly men strap sharpened blades to their feet and try to beat the hell out of a chunk of frozen rubber with planks of wood.

Football; Two dozen burly men wearing more armour than the US Army try to steal a soft rubber ball and cry if they get touched.

Comment

Who cares if it's a "real sport" anyway? You're buying a video game!

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Guys who challenge your manhood just want to get into your pants to see for themselves.

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
                  Hockey; A dozen large burly men strap sharpened blades to their feet and try to beat the hell out of a chunk of frozen rubber with planks of wood.

Football; Two dozen burly men wearing more armour than the US Army try to steal a soft rubber ball and cry if they get touched.
                  You're confusing American football with Everywhere Else football (soccer).
                  "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

The SCA: Gangs of armored thugs beat the hell out each other with clubs and then cry "that wasn't hard enough" when they get roundhoused upside the skull.

Comment

I love watching guys get into fights playing hockey. It's just too damn cold to tolerate being there very long.

Football on the other hand.....guys fighting over a ball, grabbing each other's asses. That's so manly, ya know.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                        The jackass even said girls don't play shooters and tried again, I ran to the counter and paid for my game and I heard the guy say that it looked stupid anyway.
                        I guess it's no surprise this guy has a lot free time to kill.

Comment

So the customer says hockey isn't a "real" sport whereas American football is? I'd hate to break it to him, but since these are videogames, neither one counts as a "real" sport. If you want something resembling a "real" sport, the Wii section is over there.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            hockey isn't a real sport?
                            According to the late great George Carlin, it isn't.
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                              According to the late great George Carlin, it isn't.
                              This was absolutely hilarious!
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X