X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'll have to check that out later

and don't forget Rugby...
    Guys who think football armour should be polo shirts and mouth guards.

which pretty much applies to Australian rules football too.

Comment

I had a customer try to do that to me when I went to buy Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. They annoyed me from the minute I took it off the shelf, repeatidly saying "Star Wars sucks! Put it back!"

I actually wish I had listened to him. The game sucked big time, and I traded it in a week later.

Comment

Why do people think this is acceptable behavior? Someone is going to be really surprised one day when they mock my love of Spyro the Dragon and get a world of crazy unleashed on them.

I love spyro man
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
          Why do people think this is acceptable behavior? Someone is going to be really surprised one day when they mock my love of Spyro the Dragon and get a world of crazy unleashed on them.

I love spyro man
          Because they think they know better then you. That they are better then you. They are WRONG, but they think it.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I'm not a fan of hockey myself, but that's pretty freakin' ridiculous. I would've had to shoulder check him into a display if he tried to take the game, at which point I'd have said "Oh yeah, they do that in hockey, by the way."
            You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

So all this time I've been playing a fake sport?

Damn...
              There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

If he did grab it away from you, I bet you could have reported him, threatened to charge assault, and watch as he was thrown out of the store and maybe even banned.
                It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

grabbing at me triggers an instinct to either shove or punch, i'm twitchy like that

Comment

I used to play hockey at school; terribly violent game, especially with the wooden sticks.

Similar story; I like to play fighting games. My favourite character in Mortal Kombat; Sub Zero. Apparently, that's perfectly acceptable and I never get any shit from people for that. My favourite character in Streetfighter; Vega (Claw for all you hardliners). However, that's another matter. I've been bashed loads of times for daring to main Vega. XD

Then again, it might just be sour grapes after I just beat the living crap out of their favourite character.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
                      You're confusing American football with Everywhere Else football (soccer).
                      Except that those playing Everywhere Else Football don't wear all that armor.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                        My favourite character in Streetfighter; Vega (Claw for all you hardliners).
                        .... Balrog... >_>

Yeah, I tend to go by their original names, not the swapped names so they didn't get sued by Tyson by leaving the boxer named M. Bison.

And that reminds me that I haven't dug my Balrog bust out of the box we pulled from storage, yet. Time to put up the rest of my figures.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I used to play hockey at school; terribly violent game, especially with the wooden sticks.
                          So did I, I had the luck though of being the only guy in the group that played it, lord knows how i survived

I once got told off for swearing during a game, but that was quickly replaced by a "Oh ok" when I told the teacher why i was.

Having a ball run up your stick and whack you in the hand hurts quite a bit.
                          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

At my school, we weren't allowed to play football (soccer) cuz it was unladylike. So, instead, they put bigass wooden sticks in our hands... yeah, that's some fine logic there.

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            .... Balrog... >_>

Yeah, I tend to go by their original names, not the swapped names so they didn't get sued by Tyson by leaving the boxer named M. Bison.

And that reminds me that I haven't dug my Balrog bust out of the box we pulled from storage, yet. Time to put up the rest of my figures.

^-.-^
                            Vega is a Spanish name. :P Sorry, but I think it suits Claw better than Balrog does. I tend to be safe and use Claw, Boxer and Dictator whenever I'm discussing Streetfighter characters with people on game threads. XXD

Oh yeah, and Ryu fangirls are the absolute worst. XD That level of obsession is frightening to me... and I've been known to correct people on the pronouncation of Ryu. It doesn't help that it's pronounced wrong in the movies. -.-
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

and I've been known to correct people on the pronouncation of Ryu. It doesn't help that it's pronounced wrong in the movies. -.-
                              For whatever reason, a lot of people have a really hard time with the r-y combination. I think part of it is they try to pronounce the r harder than it should be which necessitates the extra syllable, when if you shift it softer and a bit more towards the l sound, it's much easier. *shrug*

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                                The SCA: Gangs of armored thugs beat the hell out each other with clubs and then cry "that wasn't hard enough" when they get roundhoused upside the skull.
                                QFT, seriously i have dents in my 14 ga steel helm, not to mention the broken ribs, forearms and other nasty injuries that i have inflicted on my friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X