This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Inside Next Time, You Jerk!

So, today's weather in southern California hit the triple digits. In fact, in Los Angeles, it was hotter than it's ever been since they started recording, and the last high that they just beat was from the middle of summer, not the start of fall.

So, heading home after spending the afternoon in an office that's built not incredibly dissimilar to a greenhouse, I was ready for some fast food dinner at the local John in the Bag.

Once I've navigated the frightful dance of the confused gas-seekers that anyone from the industrial area who desires to reach this restaurant must make (they blocked off any ability to reach the location unless you are either traveling south on the street it is on, or go through the gas station, unless you wish to travel a mile out of your way until you get to a point where you can legally turn around), I noted with pleasure that the drive through lane was completely devoid of people in my way.

I circle around the building to spot a blot on my high point. There is a large black Ford in the drive through ahead of me. Only, instead of being at the order menu, it's sitting back at the pre-order menu for people to peruse when they don't yet know what they want.

So, we wait for these people, and their little dog (that will one day either end up out the window when they hit a bump or used as a supplemental air bag, poor thing), to make up their freaking minds. I was ready to start honking at them. Nekojin was ready to start honking at them, which is quite something because he's normally quite mellow.

Before any of that happens, however, they move forward. They move to the order menu. They're at the menu for long enough for Nekojin and me to figure out what we want, and then it's our turn to place our orders for freshly prepared fast food goodness with fries and raspberry smoothies.

We pull around to the window and we wait. It's not long before I realize that this mental midget is adding on to his order at the window! They'd already taken nearly five minutes at the pre-order menu before getting this far, and they didn't know what they hell they wanted even after that?

So we wait. And we wait. And it's at least another five minutes of sitting behind these dipshits in their oversized Ford truck in the drive through at the local John in the Bag.

So, we finally get to the point where they have their stuff and they're moving the out of our way and we get to the window. I make a catty comment regarding them to the woman handing us our food (we're semi-regular, so the people there are friendly with us), and she tells me that not only was he placing orders at the window, he skipped the order menu entirely.

Mister douchebag in the jacked up Ford truck is damned lucky that I don't have psionic abilities or his brain would have exploded out of his ears at that point.

Gah...

*sips her raspberry smoothie and tries to think soothing thoughts...*

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

Mister douchebag in the jacked up Ford truck is damned lucky that I don't have psionic abilities or his brain would have exploded out of his ears at that point.
    What brain?

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

When I go for fast food, I usually go inside and get my order to go because I tend to be one of those indecisive customers especially if I'm not entirely familiar with the menu. I also stand back and let other people go ahead if I'm not yet sure what I want. I make use of that time to get my money or debit card ready to pay before I get in line because it drives me insane when other people take forever to get themselves ready and I have to wait on them to figure out what they're doing.

The only time I go through drive-thru is when I know specifically what I want by the time I get there, and I use the time waiting in the line to get my money or debit card ready so that I'm not one of those unprepared people who so get on my nerves. I only wish everyone would use a little common sense and planning, but I already know what we always say about that here.
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Ok, I've taken time to place an order before. Yes, it was because inside said "We will be with you in a moment." and it took them awhile. I feel your pain though. It's like some people have never been in a particular restaurant before. They look at a menu and that glazed look overcomes them.

The : "I've been here a million times, know the menu by heart, but maybe just maybe everything has changed since yesterday?" look. Now I can feel sympathy for those with kids..kids can take awhile to make up their minds. They get a bit of leeway. If it takes you 30 minutes to figure out what you want in a fast food line otherwise? No sympathy from me.

What amuses me also is the people who get trapped behind somebody who takes awhile..who grumble, but when it comes their turn guess what. They get the glazed look also. Or don't have their money (or debit/credit..or whatever they are going to pay with) out. You've just stood in line for 30 minutes while ONE person makes up their mind..and you couldn't look at the menu or break out your wallet/purse/whatever

heh I am rambling again..sorry about that. Anyhow *offers cookies* next time go Scanners on the SC.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

First time my Dad went through a drive through, he didn't understand that he had to order at the speaker, not at the window. It really pissed him off (though he got over it later), because the cashier would not let him order at the window and made him drive around.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
          X