X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apartment Signs - annoyance

As seen on my door last Friday...

energy costs bla bla bla, going to be changing the apartment lightbulbs out and replacing them with energy efficient lights on the 27th and 28th

Me = panic.

I'm not very neat. Especially now that I have work and school combined. I get home and i just want to veg out sometimes. So I spent the weekend cleaning.

hell i even got a new vacuum cleaner cos mine (my aunt's ancient one...and she died 10 years ago) seems to think that part of vacuuming includes spitting half the crap back onto my feet as i push the brush along.... tho that part i don't begrudge cos the new one was dirt cheap - under 40 bucks - and is bagless / hepa. and it doesn't spit on my feet.

but all of this work... and they never came through.

i can tell. all the apartment-issued lights are the same. and the one i changed out myself (cos i don't want them in my closet) is still sitting on the stool that's blocking my bedroom off.

so yeah.

now me = somewhat annoyed. all of that work for... i guess nothing.
    granted the apartment is nicer but... bleh.

I wouldn't worry too much if they did stop by. Our fridge died. I wasn't expecting a replacement for at least a week (stole some ice from work and had found a minifridge to tide me over). But when Landlord suddenly evicted Little Drummer Boy upstairs (finally! Thank you, Landlord! ), he surprised me with their fridge.

I was freaked 'cause the apartment was a mess, but Landlord actually commented, "It looks nice in hear."

Of course, given who some of my neighbors are, it probably is nice in comparison...
    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 09-29-2010, 12:10 PM.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I always hated when management came into my apartment when I wasn't home. I had some things stolen by maintenance staff. Unfortunately, I couldn't prove anything.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Our apartments always gave us the option to be present when they sent maintenance. My only issue ever was that, they usually sent notices when they were planning work, like windows or siding, so you could move stuff out of the way. But one day I came home to new door trim. Surprise. But instead of taking-down my holiday decorations nicely to do the work, they ripped them off and had walked all over them, smashing everything. This was a contracted company though, not the apartment maintenance guys. I complained to the office and the company poneyd-up the $ for new decorations Apparently the office had been under the impression that we'd been informed.

But hey, your apartment's clean now!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

The rest of you apartment dwellers (and other renters) might want to look into the local ordinances regarding when someone other than you can enter your apartment.

I know my applicable laws forbid things such as, say, inspections, which the management company must know because they took the list of legal reasons to enter a rental dwelling and then tacked on the inspection one at the bottom of the form they stuck on our door prior to it happening.

We've never fought over any of it with the management company because we just don't care that much to fight with them, particularly when it's a month to month lease and we plan to get out of there next spring.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It wasn't a waste of time for nothing...it's always good to have the place clean yes? And if you live alone it will stay clean longer, unlike mine .

I have to clean my apartment thoroughly every weekend or it would be a nightmare and I can't live like that.

Speaking of which maintenance is due to come into my apartment tomorrow for the pipe in the ceiling of the laundry area....I dunno.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Eck, inspections. For a while, I was convinced they were coming into my apartment, I think I even posted a thread asking how to set up booby traps or ways of finding out when I returned if someone had been in there or not.

I was threatened to high heaven because my apartment wasn't vaccuumed or swept or mopped. Nothing on the floor, no messes really.....I was given ONE AND A HALF HOUR notice, an hour of that I was at the damn grocery store and wasn't rushing back home or going to break my back to clean up for them. And I was threatened that I'm ruining the value of this apartment by not keeping it clean enough. Suck my dick you self serving pricks. These are not brand new or even relatively new apartments. Well over 25 years old, and the age is really starting to show.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

the only "inspections" i've encountered here were for the heaters - basically inspecting to see if they worked.

but now i'll have to ask them to come in. cos my blinds just broke

Comment

Working...
                X