Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look what chased my Dad and one of his dogs through the woods Sunday morning.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emu are tasty. Just sayin'.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Gives new meaning to "Angry Birds," doesn't it?
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        LOL Rob's dad has a now deceased from natural causes [other than animal attack] who kept exotics - he supplied a lot of Cal Worthington's 'dogs'
        Cool. On that note, my great grandfather had something to do with one of the early MGM lions (the first one, I think). There's a picture somewhere of my grandfather "riding" on it.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

That peacock story made me howl with laughter. When it went under the fence I about wet my pants.

Turns out the lady that owns the emu also owns peacocks. I guess no one should be too surprised. Those have gotten out, too, in the past.

I got the details of this incident from my mom Monday night. From her POV:

Dad: (stumbling into the house all rattled and flustered.) A great big bird just chased me home.

Now, keep in mind, that Dad is an experienced outdoorsman. And he's also a birdwatcher. The man knows his birds and is not going to confuse a native bird with another native bird or anything else. In fact, he knew the emu was not an ostridge. However, he had never seen an emu and that one left him scratching his head.

Mom: (thinking maybe one of the Canada Geese down in the woods had gotten after him, those things are huge). Really? What was it, a big goose or something?

Dad: No. I dont' know what it was, it was really tall.

Mom: Are you telling me it was a crane or a heron or something chasing you?

Dad: No, it looked like an ostridge or something, only it looked like it was covered with hair.

At this point, my mom was like :wft: Out of context, that sounds like crazy talk doesn't it?

Mom: (more than a little concerned) what do you MEAN 'It looked like an ostridge'?

Dad: (peering through the front window) Yeah. There it is in the front yard.

Mom: (skeptically looking out the window, seeing the emu pacing in front of the front door and staring angrily at them. )

Like my sister says, "Vortex of Weird".

Comment

" ... its genes remembering the time it had been a giant reptile that could have taken these sons of monkeys to the cleaners in one mouthful."
            ~ A quote from Terry Pratchett's Going Postal (although he was referring to a pigeon).

Aren't birds the direct descendents of the dinosaurs? When you look at the expression on that emu's face, you can believe it! Glad your dad was able to stay a few feet ahead of it long enough to get home!

Comment

emu or ostrich? i just ask cos here in ky i saw a wild one (ostrich) out by tractor supply store, standing in a field.

Comment

LMAO Kink, that's great.
                Quoth cashierbex View Post
                Your dad and Seraph would get along so well.
                Wait wat....<looks at other posts> AWWWW COME ON GUYS. ;_;

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                We live in South Carolina.
                After watching a coyote run headfirst into a car in CHARLESTON, I can totally believe it.
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Wow...I didn't know there were emus in South Carolina OR Florida! (except maybe in zoos or sanctuaries...)
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                  X