This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Youtube issue

Firefox (w/NoScript) doesn't like YT...Even tho I have everything whitelisted there except doubleclick. Most videos I watch have the right-side third or so covered by a huge white or black block of nothing (see screenie) -- refreshing clears it. I also have Youtube Center (I really just use it to disable DASH), but it has had zero effect on much of anything since a minor version upda--- excuse me, FF calls them "major versions" a few months back.

Any ideas on this one?

PS, why does FF take up so much damn RAM? Currently 432 megs with just this tab/window open, I recall it taking up nearly a gig at times in the past with maybe ten media-light pages open at once.
    Attached Files
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Quoth EricKei View Post
    Firefox (w/NoScript) doesn't like YT...Even tho I have everything whitelisted there except doubleclick. Most videos I watch have the right-side third or so covered by a huge white or black block of nothing (see screenie) -- refreshing clears it.

Any ideas on this one?
    Well, I use FF with Noscript and I *don't* have that problem. But I'm also using flashblock, so I have to do a couple extra clicks to allow the videos.

Anyway, I'd say that would indicate that the problem likely isn't NoScript or FF.

Comment

Default starting answer, have you tried running FF in safemode to see if it still happens? Go to help, and select "Restart with add-ons disabled."

That will at least tell us if the problem is with an add-on, or with FF itself. If it's the former, you can play the "disable one add-on at a time" game until you figure out which one it is I had to do the same recently when Trend Micro snuck a firefox addon in, and it was crashing my browser nonstop until I could disable it. Always annoying.
      "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
      "What IS fun to fight through?"
      "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Working...
      X