This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac/Apple users, I need help!

A while ago I changed the primary email address for my iCloud account. There were some issues, but I thought I got them all straightened out. I was apparently wrong. Tonight I upgraded my MacBook and when I was trying to set it back up, it kept trying to get me to sign into my iCloud account, but ever-so-helpfully had the old email address featured instead of the new one. Of course, I can't type in a password for an account that doesn't exist! I have no idea what to do to get my MacBook to let me sign into iCloud using the actual current email addie. Has anybody dealt with this before?

Btw, I have a similar issue on one of my son's phones. That phone was used by me some time ago and I can't figure out what else to sign out of to get it to stop.

Also, I've had all the iDevices in the Apple store already to make sure everything was good and I'd never see the old email addie again. They were wrong.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

iDevice: under settings/accounts you can remove icloud accounts here
    On MacOS, it's a little different - what version are you running?

There's usually an iCloud panel in the system preferences that'll allow you to delete any associated accounts here, but you might also want to check the accounts panel (for your Mail app)

Comment

I'm setting things up after downloading Yosemite an hour or so ago. And that's the problem, when I go into iCloud on the MacBook, it wants me to log into my account. The pop up window has the old email addie pre-filled, and won't let me change it. I've tried to get at it a couple different ways, all with the same result.
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

have you tried entering your password even though the email address is now defunct, the email address/password combo may still be associated

Comment

Yup. It gives an "invalid iCloud/password combo" error message.

Comment

Go to Spotlight, type in keychain, open keychain access.

select "all items" type "cloud" into the search box.

If the iCloud item shows the old email address, delete that item.

Note, I am guessing. If you have Time Machine, you might want to run it, just in case.

My iCloud account is tied to my Apple ID, it says. My Apple ID is my email address.
            You might also search Keychain Access for "Apple ID"
            P*S

Comment

Working...
            X