Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cat plays with the dead things. Not give it as gifts.

Comment

Well when I was 15, my cat brought home a live bird. Only we didn't know it was alive until we screamed "oh god drop it!" and the bird flew off through the house. It landed on one of my bookshelves and hung out for a while before we managed to get it out a window.

All the while the cat looked at us like "But...but I got it for you mommy, don't you like it?"
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Der Cute View Post
        And yes, Kittie was trying to feed her den/peeps/family. Be proud of her, while you wear a respirator.
        actually it's more of, "damn you're a lousy hunter, I'll help you"
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Our first cat managed to bring a dead mouse into the house - which is quite a feat since we had no cat-door and had to open & close the screen door ourselves to let her in & out.

Mom usually said "Drop it" and wouldn't let kitty in until her gift was dropped. But once... kitty got through. Mom was horrified

Of course Mom was also horrified when my cat (years later) brought home a dead blue jay. My reaction: "GOOD KITTY!" cos I hate blue jays. (they chase the other birds away from the feeder, the bastards)

Comment

Our cat brought home a dead weasel. Those little buggers are fast *and* mean.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth cashierbex View Post
              Psychopaths that watch you sleep at night, then slap you in the face to get fed. I miss my kitty.
              Mine will sit on the headboard, pull tissues from a box one by one, and drop them on my face until I wake up. And if that doesn't work, she goes to the nightstand, dresser or bookcase and just starts knocking heavy things off, one by one.

As for the original topic, the "offering" - well, you just made me feel even more glad we made the decision to have totally indoor cats I just hope we never have mice in the basement.

I recall someone tellimg me their cat would bring them half-mice as gifts - often several at a time, with which the cat would make a very precise and straight line.

Yep, cats are psychopaths, sure enough.

Madness takes it's toll....
              Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                I think Alan Davies sums it up best. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BUiESEnKj0
                Oh my god. I just about pee'd my pants. Then I went to find Urban Trauma Part 1 of 8. I'm going to watch this...he's GOOD.
                In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

My* first cat was a both-sides-of-the-door cat. He occasionally brought a dead bird to the parent grilling on the back porch, wanting to make a contribution. He always behaved in a way to make very clear this was a gift, a show of his affection and appreciation for all the meals we provided him.

I can still hear my mom saying, "I am NOT going to trade you a barbecued chicken breast for that unplucked starling!"

But, no, once Mom had the dead thing scooped up in a gardening trowel, Nightshade walked happily away to his food bowl and chowed down on kibble. He was so proud of his present!

* (In fact, Nightshade was a birthday gift from my dad -- who was sure he loathed cats but discovered he was being outsmarted by a mole; he thought the kitten would take care of the mole. Nightshade may've been "my" cat but he decided Dad was his human, to the point where they were happily inseperable a full decade before Nightshade passed away.)

Comment

I've mentioned this in other threads, but a cat I had many years ago used to leave freshly decapitated mouse heads in my slippers. Imagine getting up at 4am to use the bathroom and discovering THAT when you go to put your slippers on!!!
                    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Back to the original purpose of the thread, your cat did that because she loves you. She wants to share the prey with you. Most cats do this.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                        Back to the original purpose of the thread, your cat did that because she loves you. She wants to share the prey with you. Most cats do this.
                        That's the way I read it: "master, I bought you a present!"

Our first cat did exactly the same thing. Even though he was mostly an indoor cat, we would let him out for unsupervised periods on occasion (usually no more than 2 hours). One of those times, he managed to catch a bird, bring it into the house and dropped it at my mothers feet in the study.

The poor bird was alive . (and no I didn't have to put it out of its misery. Dad had to)
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

We trained my dearly departed Banzai to take his prey into the bathtub to eat it. It worked out nicely. He then trained my current kitteh Jezebel to take her mouses into the tub to eat them =)

No more wet squishcrunch in the night!
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

My mother thought she had stepped on some crayons once while doing the laundry...

A mousie had tried to run under her heel...
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

She was bringing Mommy a present.
                              I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

I've mentioned this before, but my boy cat is always catching birds and mice. They end up on the back patio where you would step on them if you didn't watch where you were going. This same cat put a squirrel in front of the tv in the living room .

He LOVES to give us presents. I'm glad he gets the mice though...I never have to worry about running into a mouse in my place. No one else does either
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                                X