This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth dalesys View Post
    Our cat brought home a dead weasel. Those little buggers are fast *and* mean.
    Brave kitty!

It seems to be females and intact toms who have a strong hunting instinct. My neutered males will both just cry at prey as if to say "Mommy, get it away!" or play it to death, but the (spayed) female who consistently shows a lot of mothering instinct also has a wicked bent for stalking and hunting.
    "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
    - H. Beam Piper

Comment

My favorite "cat and prey" story is of our queen. She'd never had kittens with us and generally will tolerate other animals, at best. However, my brother had gotten a young kitten from a friend, and at some point (back when the cats were indoor/outdoor) she'd grabbed a mouse from the back and then brought it in, still alive, and dumped it in the tub, so that the kitten could have hunting practice.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My roommate and I were cat sitting for his sister at one point and the cats would sleep with him at night. I guess they were used to getting up earlier than he usually did so they would wake him up. He's got one of those computer cases with the big window on the side and it lights up when it's on. The hairless cat not only figured out that moving the mouse woke it up and flooded the room with light but then would also go sit on my roommate's face to finish waking him up. It made me not as disappointed that the cats didn't sleep in my room at night.
        "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
        X