Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you thought about counseling? (for yourself, not both)? I'm a little concerned about your nightmares. This has been traumatic for you and there may be some behavioral modification things you can do yourself to overcome it.

I'm sorry you have had to go through this.
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
      Mrs. TGK would offer this advice:
      Whatever you do, don't neglect your own health and finances:
      Start some kind of exercise regimen.
      Get your personal financial house in order.
      If your ex2B is an authorized user on any of your credit cards, get him removed.
      <snippage>

Get legal advice now, and inform your bank of what is happening. Your bank will be able to give you financial advice.

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
      Sounds like sudden-onset schizophrenia. People don't "recover" from that. With meds, they may be able function and even hold down jobs, but they'll never not be schizophrenic.

Anna will never 'not be schizoaffective', but when her meds are right, she's ANNA. When her meds are wrong, she's Anna-modified-by-schizoaffective-disorder.
      It's like she's trapped inside her own mind, unable to avoid the delusions, paranoias, depressions, manias, or whichever symptoms she has at the time.
      Get her meds correct, and the symptoms are under control and she's herself.

It's not unlike a diabetic - with inadequate controls, their body has uncontrollable symptoms. With adequate control (exercise, diet, metformin, insulin, etc), the symptoms are eased or gone.

As with physical illnesses (such as diabetes, thyroid problems, etc), there are different types and different severities of each type. Some are more controllable than others.

For his sake, and for your own peace of mind, I hope his is a controllable case and that he gets the support, medication, and 'mental physiotherapy' (ie, talking therapies) that he needs.

That said: right now he is a threat to himself and others. The protective and medical services should be protecting himself and others from him; and getting him help.

You have done everything you could do. I am so sorry for you.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I agree with the fact that counseling will help you. and it is a good idea to get a lawyer if you can.
        Also try going to http://www.nami.org/ they have alot of info and can tell you if they have an office in your area or at least someone to call for info. I have a local office close and they gave me pamphlets on just about anything i was even curious about.

I do hope that there is something to help your soon to be ex but right now you need to take care of yourself and there is nothing wrong with that. If you make sure you are ok then you can handle the rest. Kind of hard to help others or do much if you yourself are not ok. I know it sounds selfish but it is true.

Comment

Wow...just wow. You have been through a horrible experience and I hope you are safe now. Please keep us posted (don't post any personal details though) on how things are going - you deserve to get all your stuff back and to be kept safe from that man and his family. Dangerous is dangerous, whether it's psychotic, psychopathic, or just plain mean. (((BIG HUGS)))
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
          X