Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my best Christmas memories involves a wish I made one Christmas Eve.

Now, my ex and I had been wanting a child for years, but nothing had ever happened. Finally I had given up even thinking of hoping. So, it was Christmas Eve 1999, the house was decorated and everything ready, and I looked at it all and said "I just wish I had someone to make the magic for."

By the next Christmas my son was 2 months old.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I don't think I have one absolute favorite. Seems like there was always something that kept the holidays from being "perfect" (whatever that is).

I remember one Christmas when I was a kid, going to Midnight Mass with my brother, my father and my favorite cousin. We walked (seemed like blocks & blocks!) from my cousin's house, and I was so excited I had a horrible stomachache, but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to be left at home.

One year my brother's present to our father was an umbrella. We used to try really hard to wrap things so you couldn't tell what was inside. My brother used paper towel tubes and a rectangular box to make a cardboard "stoplight" with the umbrella inside the tubes.

My favorite part of Christmas is Christmas Eve. When all the running around is done, I like to sit back with a hot drink, listen to music and just enjoy the decorated tree. It's so peaceful and quiet, I swear you can feel the magic.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
      X