This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Status

Changed my Facebook Status today to the following : It's so easy to get caught up in the holiday madness. We get impatient, tired, cranky, and can get short tempered this time of year. We tend to focus on how something affects US, and end up forgetting what our actions do to others. Next time you are in a restaurant, or out shopping, or whatever..and you get upset because something is taking too long..stop. Instead of yelling and throwing a fit, thank that waiter or cashier, or whoever for sacrificing their holiday to deal with the craziness. Smile, relax, and realize it is not the end of the world. Make somebody's day, even by just a simple 'you are doing a great job with all this chaos'. You'll find that the day tends to go better. (end of status)

Only..it shouldn't be just for the holiday. Hopefully the message comes across..it's easy to get angry and upset..but normally it is not the person in front of you who is at fault. The place they work for can be understaffed, the people overworked, and they might not get no time off during the holidays. Thanking them, and making their day is so easy..doesn't have to be a monetary contribution. WE know that we don't often get credit for all the things we do from the company..but when is the last time you told a cashier, waitress/waiter, etc how great a job you think they are doing?
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

I like this

Comment

Stolen Permanently borrowed.
      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Quoth Parrothead
        Stolen Permanently borrowed.
        Ditto. Love it.
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I'm gonna steal this one too...thanks Mytical
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
          X