This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I's Graduated!

I have completed the Computer Forensics certificate program at a local community college; I got my diploma in the mail last week (the ceremony is in June).

(IN YER FACE state agency! they refused to pay for the schooling based on the assessment that I could not handle the work)

Just yesterday I got another letter stating that my GPA put me on the Merit List for the program (which is as I'm told a fairly difficult feat given the course material and the accelerated pace compared to the associate's degree)

I'm kinda planning to go back to State Agency with all my new paperwork (transcript, all my certifications) to see if I can get a new hiring letter based on what I can prove I know rather than what they think I can do. First stop after semester break is the school career center and maybe picking the brains of a few professors as well.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Congrats. Good luck with finding a job

Comment

Congratulations! It must feel great to be done.

"When your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreaming, boy; when you stop dreaming it's time to die" -- Blind Melon

Comment

Awesome! Here's hoping you get a great new job very soon!
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

CONGRATS!!!

<throws celebratory confetti and bacon>
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Congrats!!!! *catches the bacon and makes a run for it*
            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Bacon confetti? Makes me think of Snoopy catching snowflakes on his tongue.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Good for you.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
                  The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Congrats! I remember your story about this.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

My therapist was telling me when I was in the classes to go to State Agency and try to get 'retroactive' tuition reimbursement. I think her thinking was, they paid for my certification exams so why not this...but even though I was already in the program, that could have thrown a wrench into other things (as in they could have found a reason to drop me from their roster and I do need them for that hiring letter).

I already have someone's ear at the Secret Service (in the works before this but I have the paperwork I need now), I just need to meet with them at some point.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

That sounds awesome! Congrats!

Be joining you soon - I'll be done this Thursday with my Bachelor's, I can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                        X