This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
    My handwriting looks like the work of an epileptic drunk tangoing spider dipped in ink.
    mine looks like a dirty snail crawled across the paper....
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I used the ACE curriculum when I was homeschooled, so I learnt the American cursive script, which was similar to the WA cursive but vastly different to the modern QLD type. I find it easier to write in cursive because there's less movement, and yes, I'm writing illegally! Pen licenses weren't given until Year 6 at the school I attended in QLD, but I was expected to write in pen at my new school in WA because they did their licenses in Year 4-5.

Poor Rugz has been advised that he should have studied medicine, his handwriting is that hard to read.
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth Scorpodael View Post
        Excuse me while this Iowa boy blinks in confusion at you. *Blink Blink.* All right, done blinking.
        This Iowa girl is blinking in confusion as well. Perhaps this Pen License is a thing in Australia/Europe/wherever? Anyway, I'd probably have had mine revoked a long time ago, if I had ever earned one! Ha!
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          No way in hell I'd ever be able to keep a pen license. It would be permanently revoked.
          I'd never be able to keep one either. Sure, I learned cursive in 2nd grade...but about the same time, I got my hand crushed in a door. Not over by the knob either--it was near the damn hinge I was trying to steady myself against the door frame, while reaching for the garage door's switch. Dad came through the door, and pulled it behind him. Next thing I know, I'm screaming in pain! I'd had 3 fingers on my right hand get flattened...which landed me a trip to the hospital in a police car

Try as I might, I couldn't make my writing look like the pictures in the book. Even though my fingers eventually healed, trying to use cursive was (and is) difficult. Bad enough, that I had several of my teachers bitch about it over the years. I could write, but it was usually a mess if I had to hurry. No wonder then, that I usually print things (or retype them later) now if someone else has to read it. Otherwise, my scribbles serve just fine as my notes
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I was born left handed. My kindergarten teacher thought that left handed children were the 'children of satan' and refused to teach left handed children. So they forced me to learn with my right hand (which became my dominant hand). So not surprisingly my writing is...atrocious. Put ink on a chickens foot, have a dog come charging in barking, and you might come close to what it looks like. Might have to give the Chicken some illegal drugs though..like speed.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

My handwriting sucks. Mainly because from grade three onward, teachers waffled between requiring cursive or allowing us to print, so with all the constant changing back and forth one way or the other each year, it messed me up royally.

And go figure, I'm now messing with dip pens and ink, teaching myself calligraphy of a sort. I've got this cool book "Learn World Calligraphy", which covers the writing of several world cultures. Just tonight, I did a not-half-bad rendition of the Tibetan alphabet, using one of my nice new pen nibs Next I'll have to break out the brushes and attempt Hangul. (the Korean alphabet)

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                Please may I borrow that description?
                Go for it. XD

Quoth Amanita View Post
                Next I'll have to break out the brushes and attempt Hangul. (the Korean alphabet)
                *swoons* Oh I love Hangul. It's so gorgeous. I remember when I visited the V&A Museum in London, they had a part of a Korean poem on a pillar and I loved it so much I copied it down and used it for a school art project. It was called 'Songs of Dragons Flying to Heaven'... it's where my username comes from ^^
                Last edited by SongsOfDragons; 03-08-2012, 08:51 AM.
                "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Niiice I also like the Ethiopian consonant-based writing they feature. I'm coming up with a fictitious written language of my own, and aesthetically I might base it heavily on Tibetan, with dashes of Hangul and Mongolian. In terms of how it works, I might follow the consonant based system used in Ethiopian script.

BTW, here's the book:
                  http://www.amazon.com/Learn-World-Ca...1284872&sr=1-1

Comment

I write in capital letters, I just make the ones that are supposed to be lower case smaller.

If I force myself I can write script (or cursive) legibly.

SC
                    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

funnily enough, I never had to endure the condom licence.

My Year 8 and 9 sex education was the standard "this is a condom, this is how you use it, practice on a cucumber" routine (thankfully less of the "this is your uterus, this is your vagina, this is a penis etc." routine). The only difference was that in Year 9, the teacher handed out these plastic bananas....you took the top off and there was a plastic penis underneath. Apparently they were the type you could fill with water.....

I have NO idea where the hell they got them from, or WHY on earth a school had those?! (this was an all-girls school to boot!)

As for handwriting, I also sucked at it to some degree.
                      Last edited by fireheart; 03-12-2012, 08:56 AM.
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                        I have NO idea where the hell they got them from, or WHY on earth a school had those?! (this was an all-girls school to boot!)
                        The teacher's lounge, obviously.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Hmm..A plastic banana with a dong inside, that squirts water. I can't think of any way these could possibly be abused...*snork!*

Comment

Working...
                          X