This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foot scrubs?

Okay So I'm going to take some time for myself, and I thought I'd give myself a pedicure.

What products do you guys and gals recommend? Scrubs, soaks, whatever.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

I like the Freeman's products.

Foot scrub

Foot soak

I also like the Ped Eggs They are safer than a razor callus trimmer, which I also use because sometimes I have to. But they are dangerous and you can hurt yourself with those. The eggs and similar rasp type tools are safer and you are less likely to seriously injure your foot with one.

I should tell you right now I have sherpa feet. No lie, if you see someone third world barefooter feet on National Geographic, that's pretty much like mine. Foot scrub does not do anything for my feet. My feet laugh at foot scrubs (I do like the one I recommended...but I didn't use it on my feet. I used it on the rest of me.). I occasionally use a reciprocating sander on my heels because the wimpy little things they sell for normal feet won't work on me. However, if you have human feet, you'll probably be okay. However, the soak I actually do use. I give myself a nice long, warm foot soak, then use the razor trimmer (depending on how much work I need to do) while the skin is soft and thick with moisture. Less likely to injure yourself that way. If you are just gonna use the egg, use it on dry skin and THEN give yourself a nice soak.

Also, Flexitol is the best stuff I've ever used. If you need heel balm, use this. It will work very fast and very well, any you'll be surprised at the results. You can also use this if you have bad, rough callused hands and rough cuticles. It smells weird, but the results are worth it.

I do have to maintain my feet, even as a hardcore barefooter, so I know what works and what doesn't. If I don't take care of the callus on my soles, I get extremely painful splits that can be dangerous.
    Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 03-03-2012, 10:43 PM.

Comment

I like pumice stones, usually I use them with a fine grain scrub, but definitely soak for a couple of minutes first. Then after you dry your feet off use some good cream and put on some socks to help the cream really absorb into your feet.

Origins makes a cream called Reinventing the Heel, which is amazing, I use it once a week cuz I'm cheap and it isn't (and I am rather lucky that my feet are never that bad to begin with) but it is made for daily use. I'm also a big fan of their Incredible Spreadable sugar scrub, it works really well and I love the smell, plus with the pumice stone it is perfect for my feet and without it is great for the rest of me.

For me the act of giving myself a pedicure is more about mental and emotional pampering than getting my feet looking good so the scents of the products that I use are very important which is why I have so much love for the products that I mentioned, especially the scrub, I have used more effective scrubs before (at least more effective at scrubbing off callouses but it does do a great job of moisturizing, which most other scrubs don't do) but none that make me feel quite that pampered.

Comment

Mix lanolin with a drop of bergamot oil, before bed rub it on all the callouses and wear socks to bed. The lanolin softens better than anything and the bergamot causes quick cell turnover. Be careful. Bergamot is strong. Alternatively, look for a cream with bergamot oil in it and blend with the lanolin.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I like to make my own. I typically make a sugar scrub with a bunch of sugar, a squirt of liquid soap and a squirt of lotion. It needs to be really thick. After learning I have a sensitivity to sugar (so probably shouldn't be scrubbing it on my skin), I replaced the sugar with salt and it still works well.

Whatever you use, enjoy the time for yourself!
          The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Kosher salt mixed with olive and lavender oils is an easy homemade foot scrub.
            Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

I rather like Sunbasilgarden's soaps and scrubs myself.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                I rather like Sunbasilgarden's soaps and scrubs myself.
                Wow! What pretty, creative soaps! Man, I love me some cool soaps.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                  Wow! What pretty, creative soaps! Man, I love me some cool soaps.
                  I know! I need to sell a lot of stuff at the convention I'm attending next month so I can spoil myself.
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Thanks guys.

Hubby's been getting on me lately because I never take time out to do anything nice for me. I'm always handling everyone else's problems.

I've never actually pampered myself at all, so this is strange territory for me.
                    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Solumina View Post
                      I'm also a big fan of their Incredible Spreadable sugar scrub, it works really well and I love the smell
                      Sugar scrub is easy as balls to make. Take some sugar, take some oil, take some scents and/or spices. Bung it all together until you get a good texture and smell.

I like a brown sugar nutmeg cinnamon scrub, except that then I crave cookies. Orange lavender is good, too.
                      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Like Kink, I like Freeman's foot products.

A while back at Sally Beauty Supply, I got a free sample sized foot and hand lotion that actually helps with the cracks I get in my skin from the evil cold of winter. This hasn't even been that bitter of a winter and I'm still reptilian nonetheless. Using that and my Mary Kay hand cream helps a lot.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

www.villianess.net sells some wonderful scrubs. I'm sure you could probably use them on your feet. They're good abrasive scrubs.

Comment

Baking soda in water makes a nice pre-scrub soak
                            "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

...pedi....cure?

What is this I don't even. D:

I had no idea that these actually occurred outside of like...movies. <.<
                              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Working...
                              X